• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Zay Flowers is him!

CamWhoaaCam

2 hours ago, Sub Zero said:

Are we really ???? 
We still have a lot draft assets to be in fug those pick mode??

I know ppl fall in love with the draft and never pay attention to college players until now..

But reality again is..

This isn’t a great Wr draft. You’re not getting Julio Jones, Jamar Chase , or Chris Olave.. You’re not getting a for sure number 1 guy in this draft.. So all talking about trading up.. You’re trading up for similar prospects like TMJ, D Funch and Goodwin.. 1 might develop but you’re not getting that Julio type prospect.. Is it worth it now???

I watch a lot of College football, thank you.

The reality is we never know how these players are going to pan out, but there's more than a few that could be WR1 in the right situation.

We've traded away an absolute king's ransom for a non-generational QB, so why stop now if we like a WR / TE / Edge in the bottom of the first / top of the second? fug dem picks. 

Edited by OldhamA

12 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

The reality is we never know how these players are going to pan out, but there's more than a few that could be WR1 in the right situation.

We've traded away an absolute king's ransom for a non-generational QB, so why stop now if we like a WR / TE / Edge in the bottom of the first / top of the second? fug dem picks. 

So you have been to the future and you already know how good our QB is going to be?

No one seen Mahomes as a generation talent coming out, you dont know everything about these guys or how they are going to do in the NFL, so dont pretend like you do.

Your just mad because we actually tried? I guess you would rather have a Derek Carr type QB instead of swinging for a home run....

We didnt trade away that much in the grand scope of things, we still have pick #39 and will have our 1st rounder in 2025. I dont think you can ask for much more....

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Good for you..

Okay.. Doesn’t change the fact none of these WR’s are seen as potentially number 1 Wr..

We traded away 1 st round pick and 2 2nd round picks plus a player.. That’s hardly a kings ransoms .. We’re only missing 2 picks from the next 2 drafts.. Kings ransom really??

Last Mahomes , Herbert, Allen, Jackson nor Burrows were seen as generational.. Top 5 in the league.. Neither was Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Manning’s , Rivers, BiG Ben I can keep going??

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

Good for you..

Okay.. Doesn’t change the fact none of these WR’s are seen as potentially number 1 Wr..

We traded away 1 st round pick and 2 2nd round picks plus a player.. That’s hardly a kings ransoms .. We’re only missing 2 picks from the next 2 drafts.. Kings ransom really??

Last Mahomes , Herbert, Allen, Jackson nor Burrows were seen as generational.. Top 5 in the league.. Neither was Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Manning’s , Rivers, BiG Ben I can keep going??

I think he needs a few more examples to get over his "big mad" 

Lol @ the kings ransom, We gave up 4 picks for Baker + Darnold, but now folks want to have a hissy fit because we took a chance at drafting and developing our guy instead of signing Carr/Jimmy G

Edited by PootieNunu

15 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I wasn't really a fan of this WR class, but after multiple people kept mentioning Zay Flowers I decided to watch his highlights and all I kept thinking was prime Antonio Brown. This dude is blessed with phenomenal footwork his ability to stop on a dime and make people miss is insane. Im sorry but if this dude is on the board at #39 he should absolutely be the pick. He might very well be the best WR in this draft. Put this guy in the slot and watch him work with the rookie QB. Im on the Zay Flowers bandwagon.

Thoughts on Zay Flowers at pick #39?

Yeah I'm in VT so I watched a bunch of BC games & there's like a .3% chance he falls to 39. 

If he does however, we fugging better pick him.

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

So you are saying the need for a WR surpasses that of Rush OLB or CB?  How many games have Horn and Jackson missed over the past 2 seasons.  At edge we are very thin (Burns, Barno, and Haynes?) Sure, WR is a need, but maybe not a slot WR and maybe not even a priority at this time for 2023.  CB and Edge scare me more than WR, right now.  Shenault is also on the roster.

I’m saying it’s a need, not a luxury pick, so that’s the first thing. And yes, I would value a late 1st/early 2nd WR over an OLB graded around the same spot. You can money ball OLB/pass rusher and get better value in later rounds than you can WR, IMO. You don’t necessarily need a 3 down OLB, you can get guys who are good at specific things and use them situationally. That’s a lot harder to do with WR.

With how much we’re investing into our new QB, I’d rather get him a WR or a really good TE as long as the value is there and we aren’t reaching. Especially if we think our first draft pick next year might not be until the middle or even late second round.

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

I’m saying it’s a need, not a luxury pick, so that’s the first thing. And yes, I would value a late 1st/early 2nd WR over an OLB graded around the same spot. You can money ball OLB/pass rusher and get better value in later rounds than you can WR, IMO. You don’t necessarily need a 3 down OLB, you can get guys who are good at specific things and use them situationally. That’s a lot harder to do with WR.

With how much we’re investing into our new QB, I’d rather get him a WR or a really good TE as long as the value is there and we aren’t reaching. Especially if we think our first draft pick next year might not be until the middle or even late second round.

No, I see your point, especially about the new QB, but I disagree about the edge rusher / OLB being less valued than a slot WR.  I think it is a luxury pick (assuming I said it--someone else, maybe?) is that the need, as stated, is not immediate, wherein the OLB need is immediate.  there are a thousand ways to go about this, and we simply have different views--I appreciate the detail because what you say makes sense.

52 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

So you have been to the future and you already know how good our QB is going to be?

No one seen Mahomes as a generation talent coming out, you dont know everything about these guys or how they are going to do in the NFL, so dont pretend like you do.

Your just mad because we actually tried? I guess you would rather have a Derek Carr type QB instead of swinging for a home run....

We didnt trade away that much in the grand scope of things, we still have pick #39 and will have our 1st rounder in 2025. I dont think you can ask for much more....

I did.

24 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

I disagree with the scheme change .. 4/3 olb I agree with your assessment. 3/4 OLB are your pass rushers and they drop in coverage as well so going bargain shopping on that position isn’t the best bet.. 

With the scheme change OLB has become 1 of the most important positions on the team.. And while I like Barno and Haynes .. I can see a upgrade in the 2nd round this year.. While I don’t see it for the WR position as much..

6 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I did.

Cool I’m glad your cyrstal ball was better then 10 nfl staffs and most of the scouting community.. But Reality check is most of the top QB’s in the league weren’t seen as “generational talent “ coming out of the draft process only 3 in mordern era have been seen that way.. So it should be okay if our new QB wasn’t seen as that when drafted..lol

Here is a different perspective.  Do not rule out the importance of a defense to a rookie QB.  Playing from behind is often the kiss of death for rookie QBs.  I would argue that a stud pass-rushing OLB could have the same impact on the QB's development as a #3 or 4 WR, who might get 5 - 7 targets on a good day.