• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hypothetical scenario (that's still possible)

Lurk21

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If they thought young was a mahomes level talent they would 

Okay. But if we think Young is the best player in this draft then we are taking him. If we don’t then we are taking Stroud (or I guess possibly AR). Regardless, we wouldn’t trade away who we feel has the best shot at being a franchise QB for an extra 1st round pick. And if they know we are trading because we believe that they’ll take BY then they know we aren’t taking BY anyway. It just literally doesn’t make any sense lol

Edited by TheMostInterestingMan
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If they thought young was a mahomes level talent they would 

It could be similar to the Manning Rivers trade expect they were at 4 instead of 2 I think. I was pick 4, 3rd round pick, next year’s 1st, and 5th. QBs are worth even more now I feel like… I would be happy with pick 2, their 3rd, and next year’s first.

Even pick 2 and next year’s first could be interesting. We would have basically moved up to 2 for Moore and 2 second round picks.

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

This 💯 the best we could hope for is their top pick in the 2nd and an additional pick or two in this years draft and/or the next. Texans not parting with #12. 

Nobody knows that. If they covet Young, and have him in a franchise changer type category they absolutely could do it. Much crazier things have happened, and the Texans are not exactly known historically for making sound, logical decisions all the time lol

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Okay. But if we think Young is the best player in this draft then we are taking him. If we don’t then we are taking Stroud (or I guess possibly AR). Regardless, we wouldn’t trade away who we feel has the best shot at being a franchise QB for an extra 1st round pick. And if they know we are trading because we believe that they’ll take BY then they know we aren’t taking BY anyway. It just literally doesn’t make any sense lol

I agree with all of this 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

We wouldn’t do it if we thought Young had a much better chance at being a franchise QB than Stroud/AR. We would only do it if they were closely valued by our staff.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

I agree with all of this 

Well that’s why I feel there’s absolutely no chance this trade ever happens. It’s illogical for them to make. Because we are never trading the pick unless we know we still get our guy. And if they know that, then that means they still get their guy without giving up extra assets. We either love BY and would never trade out or we love someone else and they get BY anyway.

• Pie 1

Just now, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Well that’s why I feel there’s absolutely no chance this trade ever happens. It’s illogical for them to make. Because we are never trading the pick unless we know we still get our guy. And if they know that, then that means they still get their guy without giving up extra assets. We either love BY and would never trade out or we love someone else and they get BY anyway.

Again I Agee 100%  I pray that I am wrong but at this point a trade does not make sense 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

We wouldn’t do it if we thought Young had a much better chance at being a franchise QB than Stroud/AR. We would only do it if they were closely valued by our staff.

I just think it’s an illogical move for Chicago to make. If we truly have BY as the best QB in the draft, even marginally so, it’s unwise for us to pass up on him to add an extra pick. And if we don’t, then Chicago gets their guy anyway without giving up extra assets. There’s just no way it makes sense to do. It would be awesome but it just won’t happen.

Edited by TheMostInterestingMan
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I just think it’s an illogical move for Chicago to make. If we truly have BY as the best QB in the draft, even marginally so, it’s unwise for us to pass up on him to add an extra pick. And if we don’t, then Chicago gets their guy anyway without giving up extra assets. There’s just no way it makes sense to do. It would be awesome but it just won’t happen.

Chicago gm really fuged up and could have gotten way more value for #1

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I had that same thought too until I wondered I Indy got involved. All it takes is for a leak of Indy wanting to move up to 1 and Houston trying to block that. Apparently  Indy called Chicago  too and offered Pittman n etc. Houston has to have their head on the swivel. This is why the Chicago GM said we wanted to control the draft. 

Edited by Lurk21

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Chicago gm really fuged up and could have gotten way more value for #1

Yep. They could have probably gotten #2 and #12 from Houston to move up to #1 to stop a team like us from leaping then and then traded #2 to us and still gotten DJ out of the deal. 

But now it just doesn’t make sense for Houston to trade with us. They either get their guy or they don’t. If we want who they want then we aren’t trading. And if we don’t then they know they get their guy anyway.

Just now, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Yep. They could have probably gotten #2 and #12 from Houston to move up to #1 to stop a team like us from leaping then and then traded #2 to us and still gotten DJ out of the deal. 

But now it just doesn’t make sense for Houston to trade with us. They either get their guy or they don’t. If we want who they want then we aren’t trading. And if we don’t then they know they get their guy anyway.

There's a world they could have traded 3x and still be in the top 10 

Down to 2. Then to 5 then to 9. God knows what draft capital that would have netted.  The bears panicked for some reason