• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official NHL Playoff Thread(non canes)

Panthers Fan 69

1 hour ago, Whoops said:

The western conference finals is the Las Vegas Knights Vs the Seattle Kraken!  Few years ago, I would have thought that was a west coast minor league series. Crazy!

Vegas vs Kraken or Dallas, TBD tomorrow.

Kraken in their second year, one of the 5 teams still in the playoffs. Vegas in the final 4 and in their very first season made it to the Stanley Cup final vs Caps in 2018. That is why I say the league rules on players expansion teams can take from other teams is a bit too generous.

• Pie 1

15 hours ago, WelshPanther said:

Thought the exact same thing myself. Absolutely stupid scheduling. Are they trying to avoid NBA clash?

The Hockey guy said the NHL wanted a 8PM start time ESPN said no and put a baseball game on instead. Then ESPN bumped it to ESPN2 because said baseball game wasn’t done. 

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

The Hockey guy said the NHL wanted a 8PM start time ESPN said no and put a baseball game on instead. Then ESPN bumped it to ESPN2 because said baseball game wasn’t done. 

Yep. First of all should never have been a 10pm game. Then the baseball game in the ninth with the score 9-1 was a blowout and if you’re going to bump something to ESPN2 it shoulda been that game, not a second round hockey playoff game fuggin scheduled for ESPN. ESPN sucks, disrespecting hockey.

• Pie 4

14 hours ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

Man I hope Vegas doesn't make the finals. If we beat FL, that would be probably the worst possible matchup of all of the playoff teams there were.

i would generally agree, but Vegas has had tons of goalie injuries/problems. They are not the team we struggled with this year even though they are playing well.  They are on their 5th goaltender now and are not playing the sort of opponents that can properly exploit it while the same time they keep them in check defensively.  I think we could--though I would still rather play Seattle, then Dallas 

• Pie 1