• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What the McGinn Article Says

WUnderhill

47 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Could it be that the S2 could be an indicator  of not just success  but, more importantly, of a lack of success? 

My understanding is the S2 is an indicator that someone has the cognitive tools for success.

It can’t predict success because a guy also has to have athletic ability, drive, work ethic, etc. It’s rumored Fields is missing some of these.

However, without the right cognitive tools, you have no chance.

17 minutes ago, Tbe said:

My understanding is the S2 is an indicator that someone has the cognitive tools for success.

It can’t predict success because a guy also has to have athletic ability, drive, work ethic, etc. It’s rumored Fields is missing some of these.

It is a performance based test that measures processing speed.  So yes, it is cognitive in that it involves split second decisions the way I understand it.

15 minutes ago, Tbe said:

I guess thats whst I was getting at. It can help point to who has what it takes to succeed, but also who, cognitively, is going  to struggle  the most. 

Most of what I've seen is that those who do well have higher scores. Those who struggle the most have lower scores. I just am surprised that CJ is supposed  to have a lower score.  

20 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

It is a performance based test that measures processing speed.  So yes, it is cognitive in that it involves split second decisions the way I understand it.

It measures a lot more than processing speed. 

It has 9 parts.

Another key part of the test is measuring how many objects you can keep track of at once. Think WR and defenders running around.

If you can process fast but can’t keep track of where everyone is on the field, you won’t be very good.