• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft need incoherence

Hugo

Last week, Scott Fitterer highlighted our draft needs. For pick 39, we are considering drafting a DE, CB, WR, or LB. 

I have concerns about the need for another LB. We already have Shaq and Luvu as our 2 ILBs for our 3-4 defense. It is unclear whether another LB would even start. In my opinion, another DI would be a much greater need for us. While DeShawn Williams and Shy Tuttle could be good additions, they are not game-changers. We need at least 3 competent/great defensive interior players, and currently, we only have one.

A blue chip LB at 39 *cough cough Trenton Simpson cough cough* could really open up Luvu to be more of a wild card. This might be a crazy thought, but a prototypical ILB might alleviate some of the need for another edge, if Luvu can slide over and be more of a hybrid/edge role.

• Pie 1

51 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Shaq is already starting to quietly talk retirement and Luvu is going into a contract season. You don't spend draft picks with only their rookie season in mind.

Where have you heard that Shaq is contemplating retirement? I'm sure I'm not the only one who hasn't heard of this.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

Where have you heard that Shaq is contemplating retirement? I'm sure I'm not the only one who hasn't heard of this.

He said in an interview at one point he wants to retire a panther. I think the thought process is, this is his last extension and then he will retire. I think it's mostly putting 2 and 2 together, Shaq mentioning retirement and the contract structure, that is what it looks like.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

He said in an interview at one point he wants to retire a panther. I think the thought process is, this is his last extension and then he will retire. I think it's mostly putting 2 and 2 together, Shaq mentioning retirement and the contract structure, that is what it looks like.

1 minute ago, shaqattaq said:

His extension keeps him here 2 more seasons at least. Currently 29 years old. 

So..so far, nobody has actually heard him say anything about retirement. We are just speculating again. Well, there is a 50/50 chance he's right.

• Beer 1