• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ellis Williams mock rd 2 on

raleigh-panther

29 minutes ago, Smithers said:

And you’ll pay 10M for each of them.  There’s still some really good corners out there.  Darby and Phillips both posted 70 pff grades. And both played under Evero last year.

Clowny nor Floyd’s is getting 10 mill a year..

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Clowny nor Floyd’s is getting 10 mill a year..

Clowney isn’t worth 1M a year honestly.  He’s just not good.  He wants 10M a year…but I do agree he won’t get it.  But he’s also not an upgrade over anyone we have on the roster.

1 minute ago, Smithers said:

I like Barno - but he was mostly a special teams guy last year.  You can’t count on him becoming an all pro.  We have ignored DE/Edge for too long.  Heck even Burns would be a backup on the Eagles. 

I don’t count on him being a starter but him Hayes and a vet isn’t a bad rotation and it’s a player on a rookie contract.. Ignore?? Reddick was just here last year..

Just now, WOW!! said:

I don’t count on him being a starter but him Hayes and a vet isn’t a bad rotation and it’s a player on a rookie contract.. Ignore?? Reddick was just here last year..

I’m talking about the draft.  Developing an early round DE.

4 minutes ago, Smithers said:

I’m talking about the draft.  Developing an early round DE.

They drafted 2 guys last year who can develop into 3/4 Rushers Smith and Barno are perfect fits for a 3/4.. Maybe the staff likes these 2 guys..

Just now, WOW!! said:

They drafted 2 guys last year who can develop into 3/4 Rushers Smith and Barno are perfect fits for a 3/4.. Maybe the staff likes these 2 guys..

Considering that Fitt already said a few days ago that DE is a target at 39…I’d assume they want to upgrade 

Just now, WOW!! said:

I have no problem with that or adding a CB at this point both positions have ? ..

Yeah I still think DE, WR, CB in that order.  All 3 are possibilities at 39.  Nice thing is we still have cap space to add free agents after the draft.  

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

People focused on this Panthers offense but this damn defense full strength could  dominate.  We have some serious talent.  Add an Edge and LB and we are ready to roll…provided Action Jackson is ready.

if we can get even a situational pass rusher to take some heat off Burns and Horn and Jackson both stay healthy....

oh we mayne

I see Ringo as a solid pick. 

I prefer Drew Sanders because he can play OLB vs. the run, rush the passer, and cover. He can be moved inside and pressure the passer.  He gives the DC a lot of options.  Throw him in with Luvu and Chinn, we are pretty dang versatile.   Not sure he will be there.

I get the rest of his picks too, but I would not add another #3/4/5 WR to the mix.  We have a stable full of those.  There, I would add a G to go with the OT.   Nothing wrong with adding 2 OL.  I might also add a TE, but I really do not think they will go with a WR or TE in this draft. 

I think it will be OLB/Edge, CB, and OL.  If we can address those 3 areas, I am a happy camper.

Camp Camping GIF by homesalivepets

• Pie 1

27 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I see Ringo as a solid pick. 

I prefer Drew Sanders because he can play OLB vs. the run, rush the passer, and cover. He can be moved inside and pressure the passer.  He gives the DC a lot of options.  Throw him in with Luvu and Chinn, we are pretty dang versatile.   Not sure he will be there.

I get the rest of his picks too, but I would not add another #3/4/5 WR to the mix.  We have a stable full of those.  There, I would add a G to go with the OT.   Nothing wrong with adding 2 OL.  I might also add a TE, but I really do not think they will go with a WR or TE in this draft. 

I think it will be OLB/Edge, CB, and OL.  If we can address those 3 areas, I am a happy camper.

Camp Camping GIF by homesalivepets

I like Sanders for the same reason.. Also like Flex as well but he’s not as versatile..

• Pie 1