• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tuesday OTA's

Jackie Lee

Just now, ForJimmy said:

I feel like a late round pick if anything.  He might just get released honestly...

He's consistently graded well at 4-3 DE in run defense but just didn't have the pass rush skill that was teased in college.  

Elsewhere, damn am I happy we've got Thielen.  This guy is going to be superb for a very young offensive skill unit.

• Pie 4

3 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

He's consistently graded well at 4-3 DE in run defense but just didn't have the pass rush skill that was teased in college.  

Elsewhere, damn am I happy we've got Thielen.  This guy is going to be superb for a very young offensive skill unit.

Thielen is going to help TMJ take the next step IMO.  He is like having another coach on the field to help develop players.  

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I feel like a late round pick if anything.  He might just get released honestly...

He had around a 50 pff grade last year in a 3-4 and Frank is already concerned about his transition to OLB...I don't see him getting playing time over Haynes/Luvu/Barno. 

• Pie 5

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

He had around a 50 pff grade last year in a 3-4 and Frank is already concerned about his transition to OLB...I don't see him getting playing time over Haynes/Luvu/Barno. 

Haynes really has a chance to break out if we don't go EDGE in R2. 

There's a huge opportunity for him to flourish and show why he was the all-time SEC sack leader until this Will Anderson came along. He's progressed every season and I'm rooting for him hard.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 2

Man, if Thielen, Chark & TMJ are cruising along, finding a shifty slot may be the perfect fit to round out the WR room.  We've suddenly got a tall & quick WR room, could use a better option than Shi or Byrd.  And this draft is full of them...

Scott, Dell, Reed, Jones all super viable in this department.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Bear Hands said:

Haynes really has a chance to break out if we don't go EDGE in R2. 

There's a huge opportunity for him to flourish and show why he was the all-time SEC sack leader until this Will Anderson came along. He's progressed every season and I'm rooting for him hard.

Same. He’s finally in position. Excited for him and Barno, even if we take edge. Lack of athletic traits won’t be the reason for it not working out.