• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes first round winner pie

Panthers Fan 69

28 minutes ago, TheCandyMan said:

How did that shot go in?  LET’S GO CANES!!!

An intercepted puck by Stepan, a pass to Stastny who makes a no look shot from the side that catches Sorokin by surprise. A deflection off Sorokin’s pad and through a little gap in his 5 hole. Has to be viewed in slo-mo. That little puck was meant for destiny and found its way home. It was the little puck that could. 

https://www.nhl.com/video/stastny-wins-it-for-canes-in-ot/t-277350912/c-16904576

Edited by DavidEng
  • Pie 4
  • Flames 2

26 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Sorokin had that squared up pretty well, puck went in just the right place to deflect in off his lower right pad.

Stastny lasered that puck, he didn't have much of a choice TBH as the Isles already had 3 men back on defense.

Puck luck finally came on home for the Canes!! 

That goal was 100% on Sorokin. He kept his pad up so he could go high if he needed to. Stastny understood that and went low. It was a perfectly placed shot. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 5

5 minutes ago, DavidEng said:

4th liner Paul Stastny has 3 goals in the 6 games including the series winning OT goal. A long time Pro really contributing in the playoffs!

Little tid bit from the Bally broadcast, we are 11-0 this season if Pesce gets an assist. I think it’s in overtime but I’ll have to go rewatch the broadcast. 

• Pie 2

43 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Little tid bit from the Bally broadcast, we are 11-0 this season if Pesce gets an assist. I think it’s in overtime but I’ll have to go rewatch the broadcast. 

You’re right, Pesce had an assist on the Aho goal, in the 3rd period. Stepan had the assist on the Stastny OT goal.

Do you have the NHL AP? I have it setup for the Canes, great for checking game info and stats.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, DavidEng said:

You’re right, Pesce had an assist on the Aho goal, in the 3rd period. Stepan had the assist on the Stastny OT goal.

Do you have the NHL AP? I have it setup for the Canes, great for checking game info and stats.

Nah, I just watch the games!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1