• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Any gun collectors?

jasonluckydog

I won some cash on Fanduel took down a large tournament and started buying guns that I wanted. 

I just bought a 1911 Ruger and a Ruger lcr .38 special revolver. 

I was at the range today and that 1911 is perfect hit all my targets with excellent recoil absolutely my favorite but the wife had a hard time handling the size of it. The .38 special has a nice kick and perfect size for the wife to handle.

Not sure what the next gun is going to be.

20230429_161847.jpg

• Pie 2

23 minutes ago, Cullenator said:

In before the TB

On topic: I have quite a few handguns, a number of shot guns, and a couple of small caliber rifles (think Ruger 10/22).  Current fav is a Berretta 92F if I carry its my Sig P232

I'm not a collector, as firearms are made for a purpose that I hope I never have to carry out.

I keep a 92FS, which is the civilian available version of the M9, which is the military contract model. The sights are Milspec and the slide is a little beefier. I optioned a little larger grip because my hands are pretty big. I've had it for over 30 years now.

My wife doesn't care for the handgun, so I also have a Benelli M4 Tactical shotgun for her. Basically point and shoot. The pistol grip with an 18.5" barrel makes it an easy weapon to handle. I upgraded from the M3 Tactical a few years ago.

Edited by Anybodyhome

1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

My wife doesn't care for the handgun, so I also have a Benelli M4 Tactical shotgun for her. Basically point and shoot. The pistol grip with an 18.5" barrel makes it an easy weapon to handle. I upgraded from the M3 Tactical a few years ago.

We keep a Mossburg 500 12ga 18.5" barrel & pistol grip loaded with #4 steel shot for the offhand chance we need to use it in doors under a stressful situation.

For some unknown reason my wife really likes her Taurus 851 .38+P revolver.  Thing kicks like it wants to be a .357

According to the TB I'm a "gun but" but I don't own a single firearm that would come close to qualifying for any sort of "assault rifle" ban and I only own one handgun. But I'm a "gun nut". 😂

Bolt action rifles and antique lever guns are my jam but I don't "collect" bolt guns. I use them. They're tools. The Remington 700 .308 that my Dad gave me when I moved to CO that he bought when he turned 18 is the only bolt gun I own that I'll definitely never part with.

I have two original Winchester Model 1873s and two 1892s. I have about $60k worth of antique firearms. All inherited. None fancy. All just average Joe shooters but they appraise high because they're all original and in great condition.

• Pie 1

I would enter them all into a national registry, surrender any gun I own that was designated as a mil-spec weapon, and gladly get insurance for them individually.  Id even store them at a gun club although at that point Id prob sell the vast majority if them.

You're not a gun nut because of what you dont own so much as the fact that you dont seem to support any sort of gun reform.

4 hours ago, Cullenator said:

I would enter them all into a national registry, surrender any gun I own that was designated as a mil-spec weapon, and gladly get insurance for them individually.  Id even store them at a gun club although at that point Id prob sell the vast majority if them.

You're not a gun nut because of what you dont own so much as the fact that you dont seem to support any sort of gun reform.

I've openly talked about the fact that I'd support banning capacity over five rounds and banning detachable magazines. Too many people get caught up in features that don't actually make a firearm more lethal in a mass shooting setting. It's really all about rate of fire and ammo capacity. Those are the factors that actually matter. That scary looking AR-15 is no more lethal than grandpa's deer rifle if it is limited to a five round fixed magazine. It's probably actually less lethal because it's likely firing a significantly weaker round.

Just because I wouldn't go as far as you would doesn't mean I don't seem to support any sort of gun reform.

• Pie 1

I know its going to bust up the tried and true scary gun narrative but AR style carbines are no more scary looking than any other gun when they are hanging on a wall. A Barret M82, that's fuging scary even hanging on a wall.  But you dont see people going nuts at the mall or the local school with large frame high caliber rifles.  ARs are simply weapons designed for maximum damage in a close quarter combat situations.  Compact style, short barrels, Picatinny rails for all sorts of sighting attachments to increase their time on target.

You want to know whats scary?

740080871_2023-05-0105_45_41-Anyguncollectors_-HuddleLounge-CarolinaHuddleMozillaFirefox.png.cc985d59e45a55701c69cf4bce0568c8.png

3D printed auto sears for Glock pistols. But nobody is ready to talk about banning one of the most popular handgun brands in America because their design is flawed (so easily modified to full auto)

When my dad died, I got his guns, mostly antiques, but some that are still fun to shoot.

I have a Stevens Marksman-12, a Marlin lever action 22, a Remington Shotgun, and my favorite: a Savage over/under .22/.410 model 24.  I've shot that one since I was a kid - I've always been able to get those .22s to line up really well at around 50 yards. 

My father's favorite was his Browning .22 challenger 3.  That's a nice little pistol to shoot.  

I enjoy shooting them, and when my son is ready, he'll learn how to handle them.  Realistically, I don't have anything remotely for home security. I do have two dogs who will tell me when anyone comes to the door, lol.

I have a bunch of target guns for fun.  I don't have the money to go out and buy anything new.  I've got bills to pay as I get further out of debt, and it's not a priority.  Though a buddy let me shoot his .45 once, and I loved that one.  Felt really good.  Maybe one day.  

Oh, and no tacti-cool gear for me.  When I go to the range I have my fire arms in their cases, ammo in a left over tool bag with my safety gear.

• Pie 1

@Cullenator

That's what I'm saying. Focus on the things that make the firearms more lethal. Rate of fire and ammo capacity with the latter being by far and away most important. If you only have five rounds it really doesn't matter that it's fully automatic. Here's the reality about any semi-auto, they're all relatively easy to convert to full auto by someone with a bit of fabrication ability. If we're talking about five rounds there's not a huge difference between fully auto, semi-auto, pump, or lever action.  The big factor is removable high capacity magazines.

Wouldn't that mean you support an Assault Rifle ban since one of the defining characteristics of an Assault Rifle is a detachable box magazine?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_rifle#Definition

The U.S. Army defines assault rifles as "short, compact, selective-fire weapons that fire a cartridge intermediate in power between submachine gun and rifle cartridges."[18] In this strict definition, a firearm must have at least the following characteristics to be considered an assault rifle:[2][3][4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_weapon#Definitions_and_usage

Drawing from federal and state law definitions, the term assault weapon refers primarily to semi-automatic rifles, pistols, and shotguns that are able to accept detachable magazines and possess one or more other features.[2][10][11] Some jurisdictions define revolving-cylinder shotguns as assault weapons.[12][13] Legislative definitions do not include fully automatic weapons, which are regulated separately as Title II weapons under federal law.[14][n 1] A key defining law was the now-defunct Federal Assault Weapons Ban of 1994.[14] At that time, the United States Department of Justice said, "In general, assault weapons are semiautomatic firearms with a large magazine of ammunition that were designed and configured for rapid fire and combat use."[3]

Common attributes used in legislative definitions of assault weapons include:

Dictionary definitions vary from legal definitions. Dictionary.com defines "assault weapon" as "any of various automatic and semiautomatic military firearms utilizing an intermediate-power cartridge, designed for individual use".[17] Merriam-Webster's online definition is "any of various automatic or semiautomatic firearms; especially: assault rifle".[18]

Yeah they are just a couple of Wikipedia citations but the footnotes are in place