• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More NFL News

Mr. Scot

Ravens -Commanders joint practice day 1:

The biggest takeaway from Tuesday’s practice was all the fighting. Emmanuel Forbes got into a scuffle with a Baltimore wide receiver, and others joined. Ravens tight end Mark Andrews bodyslammed Washington cornerback Danny Johnson for no apparent reason, and Commanders center Nick Gates was also involved in another battle.

Fortunately, cooler heads prevailed, and the teams accomplished what they set out to do.

https://commanderswire.usatoday.com/lists/washington-commanders-joint-practice-baltimore-ravens-observations-training-camp/

16 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Ravens -Commanders joint practice day 1:

The biggest takeaway from Tuesday’s practice was all the fighting. Emmanuel Forbes got into a scuffle with a Baltimore wide receiver, and others joined. Ravens tight end Mark Andrews bodyslammed Washington cornerback Danny Johnson for no apparent reason, and Commanders center Nick Gates was also involved in another battle.

Fortunately, cooler heads prevailed, and the teams accomplished what they set out to do.

I can't sign on to what Robert Saleh said/did, but I'm not the world's biggest fan of joint practices either. Among other issues, it's pretty much guaranteed there'll be a fight.

I get why teams do it, but still...

44 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Among other issues, it's pretty much guaranteed there'll be a fight.

Well....looks like the Cowboys are fighting with themselves:

Here are some practice observations from the final padded practice of camp in California.

Despite going the through the entirety of training camp without any extracurricular activities, the tension boiled over on Wednesday as two separate fights broke out between the offensive and defensive lines. In the first skirmish, Sam Williams and Brock Hoffman got a little chippy after a one-on-one pass rush drill, and when Williams went to go take a cheap shot on Hoffman with his back turned, Tyler Biadasz came out of nowhere and leveled Williams, kicking things into an all-out pushing match. However, it was the second skirmish that involved a lot more activity as Tyler Biadasz once again got into it, this time with Micah Parsons who threw his fair share of punches. If Mike McCarthy wanted the intensity to be higher on Wednesday, he definitely got it. (Nick Harris)

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/practice-points-cowboys-bring-the-fight-wednesday

15 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Well....looks like the Cowboys are fighting with themselves:

Here are some practice observations from the final padded practice of camp in California.

Despite going the through the entirety of training camp without any extracurricular activities, the tension boiled over on Wednesday as two separate fights broke out between the offensive and defensive lines. In the first skirmish, Sam Williams and Brock Hoffman got a little chippy after a one-on-one pass rush drill, and when Williams went to go take a cheap shot on Hoffman with his back turned, Tyler Biadasz came out of nowhere and leveled Williams, kicking things into an all-out pushing match. However, it was the second skirmish that involved a lot more activity as Tyler Biadasz once again got into it, this time with Micah Parsons who threw his fair share of punches. If Mike McCarthy wanted the intensity to be higher on Wednesday, he definitely got it. (Nick Harris)

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/practice-points-cowboys-bring-the-fight-wednesday

Yeah, saw that...

And naturally, I'll be forwarding that information to Lady Cowboy Fan.

Miami fans about to jump off a cliff.

They’re expected to be contenders this year.

Their only OL worth a Crap.  Armstead, just got carted off in practice after he couldn’t put any weight on his right leg.

Edited by ncfan

2 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Miami fans about to jump off a cliff.

They’re expected to be contenders this year.

Their only OL worth a Crap.  Armstead, just got carted off in practice after he couldn’t put any weight on his right leg.

Not good.  Was hoping Miami would sneak up and take that division.  Change of pace.

8 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Sucks, but made me chuckle thinking about how Saleh was painted as a douche for joint practice feelings and here the Dolphins OL could be in real trouble again from a joint practice.

Saleh was criticized for agreeing  to 2 days of joint practices and then when the team got there he cancelled day 2 just because he did not like it. He should have been up front about his plans.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, ladypanther said:

Saleh was criticized for agreeing  to 2 days of joint practices and then when the team got there he cancelled day 2 just because he did not like it. He should have been up front about his plans.

I'm sure if Saleh had said "Well maybe just one practice" They wouldn't have gone all that way. If you say for 2 practices, you do 2 practices. How can you trust the guy after this?

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, ladypanther said:

I didn’t need a correction for why he was criticized. IDGAF if Tampa was inconvenienced and that was immaterial to my post anyway. I thought it was ironic/funny that Saleh got blasted a couple days ago and now one of his main competitors may have lost their LT for the season at a joint practice. His reasoning for “being a douche” was the chippiness (potential injuries) on day 2 of joint practices and that was kind of confirmed by Armstead’s injury.

3 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

I didn’t need a correction for why he was criticized. IDGAF if Tampa was inconvenienced and that was immaterial to my post anyway. I thought it was ironic/funny that Saleh got blasted a couple days ago and now one of his main competitors may have lost their LT for the season at a joint practice. His reasoning for “being a douche” was the chippiness (potential injuries) on day 2 of joint practices and that was kind of confirmed by Armstead’s injury.

You still got it wrong.  Not a problem with his opinion of 2 day joint practices.  Problem is not honoring his commitment.