• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More NFL News

Mr. Scot

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Think this might have already been posted elsewhere but I couldn't find it, so...

*Didn't even watch him practice?"

Damn, dude 😳

None of this should be surprising to a Panthers fan. That "thing" that Rivera lost as a head coach was prime Cam Newton. I think that much is obvious.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

None of this should be surprising to a Panthers fan. That "thing" that Rivera lost as a head coach was prime Cam Newton. I think that much is obvious.

Heinecke's relayed comment about Rivera not really seeing Howell in practice surprised me.

To me, that's insane.

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Heinecke's relayed comment about Rivera not really seeing Howell in practice surprised me.

To me, that's insane.

I mean, he has a history of seemingly being blind to young talent that even fans can see. So the way I see it is that Ron is either an atrocious evaluator of talent, even worse than a decently knowledgeable fan or he's simply not paying any attention to the guys down the roster. As unbelievable as the latter is, it's more believable to me than the former.

19 minutes ago, Panthera onca said:

Was last season when Riverboat was missing huge chunks of time for chemo? If so maybe he missed a lot of practices. Still no excuse not to personally evaluate all of your players, especially at the most important position.

First thing that crossed my mind too but yeah, that was a prior year.

56 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Think this might have already been posted elsewhere but I couldn't find it, so...

*Didn't even watch him practice?"

Damn, dude 😳

Never had a fastball. Had a very talented bunch of players. Man, do I wish we had a better coach during the Cam and Luke years. He lucked into a bunch of guys who could make stuff out of nothing (Cam) and players who were basically coaches (Luke, Greg, TD, etc.). He needed that because he and Shula weren’t good coaches.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

30 minutes ago, Panthera onca said:

Was last season when Riverboat was missing huge chunks of time for chemo? If so maybe he missed a lot of practices. Still no excuse not to personally evaluate all of your players, especially at the most important position.

Honestly, he was the same before that. Remember the I would have taken a shot comment about Cam taking a shot to the head. I don’t recall him ever throwing a fit about all the head hunting.

Same thing with the Super Bowl. The Denver D players exposed us for doing nothing new which basically means Ron’s plan was to let the players win it for him. Total opposite of Belichick who crafted game plans like Blount rolling an Indy D multiple times.