• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Potential $1.2B Panthers stadium renovation discussion

Lame Duck

I live in Statesville. Iredell County ... the county north of Charlotte that no one ever talks about. Before COVID hit both Fairfield and Hilton built smallish hotels or large motels, depending on how you look at it, in Statesville off I-77. I don't know whether or not they've recovered well from the lockdown but Statesville has always had full occupancy during NASCAR weekends. Goes to show that a large regional events' impact goes much further than the events' actual location. It would be the same for any large scale NFL event in Charlotte.

I believe that the money spent for BOA's renovation and expansion is money well spent. But I also believe that part of the money should come from the state and not just the city of Charlotte because the impact goes beyond Charlotte. The sticking point may be the taxation involved. Also, the state should be involved because a good, reliable regional public transportation system needs to be installed. Currently, there basically is not one that functions well.

• Beer 2