• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Diablo IV

Sapper

3 hours ago, Cullenator said:

Yes its grindy button mashing.

I said earlier that I was playing with a friend group that Ive been playing games with for years and no lie this is the first game where one of us just said "meh, fug it this is boring..." and quit.

Its a very fitting continuation of the franchise but its pretty repetitive.  Top that off with the community is getting kind of toxic between the try-hards that are bitching about end game poo two weeks after launch and the dirty casuals (like me) who are bitching about the bitching (like now).

Ok thats good to know. 

I mean it's an ARPG so there is going to be a lot of grinding and sometimes for marginal upgrades and whatnot.  I think there is a lot of players that aren't as experienced playing ARPGs so the grinding side is a little odd for them.  You can tell this because people were confused about seasons being new characters when that has been going on for years in Path of Exile and even Diablo 3.  Diablo IV will find their core audience sometime in season 1.  I do agree that people no-lifing D4 and then wanting more are silly.  This isn't Path of Exile, and even then, PoE has had 10 years to add content on top of content.  Diablo 4 is a game that is more serious than D3 but is much more casual than PoE.  And that is FINE.  That's the audience.

If you guys like these type of games, look into Last Epoch on Steam.  I've followed this for years and bought it in early (early) access and it's got so much better.  They are getting closer to 1.0 later this year which will have seasons like PoE/D4.  I think LE has more class diversity/build diversity than D4 but is much easier to grasp than PoE.  Things are laid out easier to understand and the crafting on LE is super fun.  In my perfect world, we'll soon have PoE2 / D4 / LE dropping seasons each month and staggering it so there is always some new ARPG season.  

Yeah the Diablo audience has and always will be casual. Hardcore guys will play hardcore mode and try to get as deep into endgame as possible that way, that's their grind and that's fine. Most of us are content getting level 80 and slowly climbing from there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/18/2023 at 4:17 PM, Zaximus said:

Big nerfs in this patch and not buffs where needed (Sorc somehow got nerfed lol).  I'll play season 1 but not sure how long honestly.

Maybe it's just because I built a rogue this season but I'm having a ton of fun. But I thought Sorc just got buffed a bit? Didn't chain lightning and fire both get improvements to sort of balance out the ice shard build being the only viable build in endgame? I know they had the most aspect changes this patch. 

Edit: NVM, just saw the date. What are your thoughts after the patch this week?

Edited by lightsout

On 8/4/2023 at 8:32 AM, lightsout said:

Maybe it's just because I built a rogue this season but I'm having a ton of fun. But I thought Sorc just got buffed a bit? Didn't chain lightning and fire both get improvements to sort of balance out the ice shard build being the only viable build in endgame? I know they had the most aspect changes this patch. 

Edit: NVM, just saw the date. What are your thoughts after the patch this week?

The patch today is a good step especially for Sorcs.  I'm really hoping chain lightning is going to be viable endgame (it's already best leveling spec in the game).  I love that spell.  I get the feeling with D4 that the money guys pushed a lot of these changes.  The devs knew it was bad but had to do it.  Fans pushed back, devs had to take heat, and now they proved their point and are fixing what the money guys wanted.  It still feels like early access but it's getting better.

I also am playing rogue this season and it feels good.  It's always been the most balanced in my opinion of the classes.  If they get classes to rogue level, with multiple build options and all that we'll be at a good spot.

They are going to need better seasonal content though.  The hearts are cool but just not enough.  I guess they are hiring a seasonal director so that makes sense.  Overall, the game isn't BAD at all, it's fun, it's a good game, but it can get way better and I hope it does.