• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ranking the NFCS Rosters

poundaway

1 hour ago, onmyown said:

Meh…the NFCS is a poo show and yes the first franchise to pull it’s head out of it’s ass or recover will probably have a nice run.

that said, I really don’t care. I’d like to see a team that can compete with any NFL team or at least the rest of the NFC vs. three other (awful) teams…

tired of seeing the panthers look like a pee wee team vs. legit teams…like say oh I don’t know the atrocious Bengal game last year. 

like that’s a perfect example of how far off the panthers are from a championship caliber team. 

You know, screw it. If you can't see the direction this team is headed. Then by all means carry on. Let the past dictate your thinking. 

We have a Coaching staff most teams would love to have. We have a FO that is forward thinking, and not afraid to take chances. We have an owner that has learned to let his football people run his team. 

And we have a Franchise QB.

Join up, or get back, because there is whole lot of Panther fans who are excited as all get out over the future of this franchise.

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Atlanta has some great skill players, but how are they in the trenches? The OL and run defense was pretty bad last year. They do have the 2nd best coaching staff IMO outside of us.

Falcons had the #5 OL in league least year by PFF. Panthers ranked #11.

Edited by Ball4life
  • Poo 1

6 hours ago, Eric4280 said:

You are Stroud guys. Had we taken him you wouldn’t have the same “wait and see” proclamation to call him competent.. be real. Also, Trevor had Urban Meyer…. We’re gonna call year one a mulligan. Had Trevor walked into this coaching wonderland and a plethora of number 2 WR and a top ten OL, I’m sure he’d have succeeded. Every situation is different and this setup is perfection for any rookie.

Now for the rest of the division. I think we need to start taking a bull by the horns approach to possible dominance. Saints have a few pieces but man, are they aging. Kamara at full health is a shell. Jordan/Davis/ even Lattimore aren’t getting any younger. Michael Thomas will be fun for the 55 snaps he plays. The teams not putting fear into anyone.

Tampa has maybe the worst OL in the nfl and well how the ENTIRE team approach changes after losing the best QB of all time. They stumbled to the finish line with Tom and even though he wasn’t perfect at that stage in his career, he was still Tom Brady compared to Kyle Trask and Baker..

Falcons are real fun on madden and to talk about. We did this for 5 years. Have elite crap everywhere else besides Qb. The only defensive moves of significance I see are Onyemata and maybe Okudah. Bates is damn near the most overrated player in the nfl. My brother is a die hard Bengals fan and was exponentially more upset in losing Bell.

Had we taken Stroud, Levis or Richardson I’d still be saying wait and see until they’ve stepped into an NFL game and thrown passes. 

14 hours ago, Smithers said:

Dang - Mingos wing span is bigger than Young

I was laughing at this until I googled it. His wingspan is 6', 4 1/4", which is longer that 25 starting QB's in the nfl. Only Allen, Lawrence, Tannehill, Herbert, Jones, Goff, and Love are 6' 4" or taller.  FWIW, Richardson is 6'4", and I suspect that he starts over Minchew before the season is over, but as of right now, only 7 taller.

Edit: I know you were being funny, but my brain went down the rabbit hole, so I decided to share.

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Oh poo I missed that. Yeah they could definitely be a problem if Ridder shows anything.

Falcons were 2nd in rush attempts per game and 31st in passing attempts per game last year, and even then it was mostly rpo's and play action. Hard to tell how well they can actually pass pro 

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, Gerry Green said:

So...after all that? How you calling it? 

Panthers (If Bryce plays well. If he falters? Well things can change can't they?)

NO  

Atl

TB

Call it my way too early to call it prediction.

Carolina, Atlanta, New Orleans, Tampa.

• Beer 1