• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft lottery talk

CamWhoaaCam

10 minutes ago, frankw said:

Let's get it done. I can't wait to see the flip flop when ya'll are begging for someone to take Zion.

It's not like star FA's are coming to Charlotte.

Our best chance at a generational talent is by trade. Sure it's a gamble but what do we have to lose?

41 minutes ago, frankw said:

Now we have them taking Hayward off our hands too? 🤣

laugh jordan GIF

It would have to be Hayward who's expiring contract is worth quite a bit to a team looking to push and get rid of a seldom healthy player on a huge multi year deal. 

That's why it would look like

Hayward and 2 for Zion, 14 and a future first. 

Charlotte is taking a huge gamble with that trade, way more so than New Orleans  

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

It would have to be Hayward who's expiring contract is worth quite a bit to a team looking to push and get rid of a seldom healthy player on a huge multi year deal. 

Their desperation should be a huge red flag. The Pelicans have actually won a playoff series within the last 5 years. Before Zion. They've got nada since. 20 fuging years of no playoff series wins tells me I'd rather roll the dice on Scoot or Miller. I'm amazed some people are loving this. Looks like Stockholm syndrome has set in.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

There is a gamble for both sides really.

There is that chance Zion gets healthy. If we get a healthy Zion we just changed our entire franchise around as we would be legit contenders with one of the brightest stars in the league.

Charlotte will never get top 10 players as FA's. This is a trade im willing to gamble with. Zion is just too talented to pass up on.

Also as you mentioned we also get the #14 pick we might can get another good player with that pick.

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

Their desperation should be a huge red flag. The Pelicans have actually won a playoff series within the last 5 years. Before Zion. They've got nada since. 20 fuging years of no playoff series wins tells me I'd rather roll the dice on Scoot or Miller. I'm amazed some people are loving this. Looks like Stockholm syndrome has set in.

Their desperation is they had the guy for 3 years and he has rarely played. When he plays he's phenomenal as far as production. Maybe they just fed up with his antics?

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Their desperation is they had the guy for 3 years and he has rarely played. When he plays he's phenomenal as far as production. Maybe they just fed up with his antics?

Right but those antics are going to get better in Charlotte where we have players of our own beating up on the mother of their children or getting arrested in parking decks asleep at the wheel with a gun in their lap in their downtime?

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, frankw said:

Right but those antics are going to get better in Charlotte where we have players of our own beating up on the mother of their children or getting arrested in parking decks asleep at the wheel with a gun in their lap in their downtime?

I get your point but Zion off court issue is really nothing in reality. He just making babies with adult entertainment women. 

New Orleans is known for their food. The Carolina's Zion is used to our food. He didn't blow up until he got to New Orleans. Go back and watch his Duke highlights dude was much more slim during his time in the Carolina's.

15 minutes ago, frankw said:

That's why I'm suggesting a culture change.  Do we really want to negotiate a new deal with Melo with his Daddy in his ear?  Bridges has burned his.  Need to make some moves.