• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft lottery talk

CamWhoaaCam

3 hours ago, WOW!! said:

If the prospects are close in evaluations and potential.. You go with the position of higher value..

Which would be point guard or off ball shooting guard right?  Athletic wings are a dime a dozen these days.  The rare ones can defend and shoot the three. Which Miller sounds like but another Miller could fill that SF spot at 27.  Leonard Miller is 6'10" with crazy wingspan and young and raw. Just saying. Go best available then fill needs. 

6 minutes ago, mickeye76 said:

Which would be point guard or off ball shooting guard right?  Athletic wings are a dime a dozen these days.  The rare ones can defend and shoot the three. Which Miller sounds like but another Miller could fill that SF spot at 27.  Leonard Miller is 6'10" with crazy wingspan and young and raw. Just saying. Go best available then fill needs. 

Point guard and off guard that can shoot, sure.. but not with Melo on the team. Melo is gonna need a bigger guard next to him for defense,  rim rolling big and 3 pt shooters to be successful win/loss wise. You don't draft scoot because he can't help with any of that. He simply doesn't fit and would have to come off the bench completely 100% til he's traded or if Melo leaves. 

• Beer 1

I disagree. I think Scoot and Memo can coexist in the backcourt and we play our bigs in the front. Today's NBA is a lot of small ball.  I want to see us being a transition fast offense with solid bigs and wing scoring off good passing. We likely not gonna really compete in the playoffs but let's be exciting fun ball. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, mickeye76 said:

I disagree. I think Scoot and Memo can coexist in the backcourt and we play our bigs in the front. Today's NBA is a lot of small ball.  I want to see us being a transition fast offense with solid bigs and wing scoring off good passing. We likely not gonna really compete in the playoffs but let's be exciting fun ball. 

Small ball is more about shorter front court players.. And the reality is small backcourts haven’t worked since Isiah Thomas and Joe Dumars.. And that worked because Joe was elite defensively and a dead eye shooter..

1 hour ago, mickeye76 said:

Scoot is the better player, period

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, mickeye76 said:

Bro do you even watch basketball?

This is a wing dominated league. Look at the teams left in the playoffs Lebron/Butler/Tatum/Brown.

1 hour ago, mickeye76 said:

You want to play fun exciting basketball that doesn't lead to playoff success.

You know who also plays that kind of basketball the Ja/Westbrook. We already have Melo to sell tickets. This team needs to play winning basketball not entertaining basketball.

Miller is a better scorer than Scoot and he plays defense. Do the right thing take Miller.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, mickeye76 said:

No a 2 way wing player are the most valuable position in the league today.. 

• Pie 3

8 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I don’t know how you know that.. Because numbers and achievements don’t say that..

I think he meant to say "Scoot is the more talented player".

Miller was the best player in college basketball on the #1 team in the country. If he didn't have that groin injury during the tourny he probably goes on to win the Nat'l championship.

Miller from day 1 is already the better scorer than Scoot because of his ability to score all over the floor. Scoot still needs to work on his shooting before I flat out say he is a "better player" than Miller.

50 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Does bringing Miles back effect the decision??

What Scoot gives you is what Miles does at a different position..

Miller also have some crossover with Miles..

I have no idea what we will do with Miles.

He's a borderline allstar talent and he's Melo best friend on the team. Knowing MJ he's not going to let him go for nothing.

My guess is we bring him back on a huge paycut. He was looking at a max contract before his off the court situation. Now we probably will bring him back for a lot less than the max.

I would prefer we trade him but teams aren't going to give us back anything of value.