• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft lottery talk

CamWhoaaCam

5 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

The thing with Bridges is he has talent and he's best friends with Melo.

It's not like we can afford to give away talent. The duo of Melo/Bridges was trending upwards before his off the court situation.

This is why I say bring in a coach who will demand respect. I think we can salvage the Bridges situation over time. Miller did nothing wrong that's more of social media trying to put blame on this kid for something he had no idea about.

Bring in a vet leader to keep this team together and we are set.

I can’t get on board with Bridges. If the Hornets do it that’s on them, but I won’t be excited about that move. Miller and Melo could be great and Williams looks legit. Oubre is a nice role player, PJ is solid we have some young players in Kai Jones and Bouknight that can get better. I’m tell you we just need a legit coach and maybe a solid vet or two. 

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I can’t get on board with Bridges. If the Hornets do it that’s on them, but I won’t be excited about that move. Miller and Melo could be great and Williams looks legit. Oubre is a nice role player, PJ is solid we have some young players in Kai Jones and Bouknight that can get better. I’m tell you we just need a legit coach and maybe a solid vet or two. 

We can always try and trade him.

I just don't want to lose him for nothing. This dude was a borderline allstar just a few years ago.

• Pie 1

Fuggin amazing news to get the second pick…that said the NBA was never letting us get #1.  Shades of the Shaq draft and almost feels empty to me personally.

We need to pick Scoot Henderson or this will be huge swing and miss.  Miller just doesn’t have that dog mentality IMO

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 2

8 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Fuggin amazing news to get the second pick…that said the NBA was never letting us get #1.  Shades of the Shaq draft and almost feels empty to me personally.

We need to pick Scoot Henderson or this will be huge swing and miss.  Miller just doesn’t have that dog mentality IMO

Agreed. It's shocking to me how many people are saying we should take Brandon Miller. 

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Scoot can't shoot!

Lamelo can't shoot!

Miller can do anything Scoot can but he actually can "shoot" and he's 6'9.

Look at the draft boards my man Miller has passed Scoot. The Scoot hype is reminding me of CJ Stroud. If Melo wasn't on the team then yeah take Scoot. We already have Melo he needs a wing who can shoot and create his own offense.

From a pure basketball standpoint Brandon Miller makes the most sense. You only take Scoot if you trade Melo.

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Agreed. It's shocking to me how many people are saying we should take Brandon Miller. 

Wait what's shocking about it?

Scoot can't shoot he's a athletic drive first sg. In todays NBA you need to be able to shoot the basketball. Miller is 6'9 and can shoot the lights out he can also drive like Scoot.

What is your argument for taking Scoot over Miller with Melo already on the roster?

• Pie 1

Scoot is crazy explosive and hits the hole hard. Only downside I hear about him is he can't shoot. I feel like he is the better pick but Miller would be the best fit for the team. Honestly, Scoot looks like HOF Point Guard. Hard to pass on him in my opinion.  I feel like we can get a shooter in free agency.

Edited by Cam Lawter
  • Pie 2

9 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Wait what's shocking about it?

Scoot can't shoot he's a athletic drive first sg. In todays NBA you need to be able to shoot the basketball. Miller is 6'9 and can shoot the lights out he can also drive like Scoot.

What is your argument for taking Scoot over Miller with Melo already on the roster?

He can't drive like Scoot lmao. Scoot looks like gets shot out of a canyon and throws it down on anyone in his way. He reminds me of Bridges as a point guard

Edited by Cam Lawter

4 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Scoot can't shoot!

Lamelo can't shoot!

Miller can do anything Scoot can but he actually can "shoot" and he's 6'9.

Look at the draft boards my man Miller has passed Scoot. The Scoot hype is reminding me of CJ Stroud. If Melo wasn't on the team then yeah take Scoot. We already have Melo he needs a wing who can shoot and create his own offense.

From a pure basketball standpoint Brandon Miller makes the most sense. You only take Scoot if you trade Melo.

If you really believe LaMelo will resign here you are dreaming.  Scoot is the best player available period.  Miller just flat out takes games off.  The NBA is way more grueling in terms of games and like I said Miller just disappears for long stretches.  He has some serious red flags IMO

I will say if Scoot’s and Wemby’s showdown didn’t happen so early then Scoot is the pick no questions asked. He played one of if not his best game early on and then his shot started to go down hill. 27% from three is hard to overlook.

At the end of the day I’ll be okay with either Scoot or Miller but I’m glad I don’t have to make the call.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

Scoot gives me serious Dwayne Wade vibes and if he is near him he should be the pick.  I don’t see anyone stopping him so far and I think that continues bigtime in the NBA,  he is an absolute hand full all over the court.  He can improve shot selection and 3 % over time.

16 minutes ago, Cam Lawter said:

He can't drive like Scoot lmao. Scoot looks like gets shot out of a canyon and throws it down on anyone in his way. He reminds me of Bridges as a point guard

So you want a guy who strength is dunking?

What happens when we need a bucket in late game situations?

Like I said if we take Scoot we have to trade Melo. The mocks have us taking Brandon Miller. Please MJ don't F this up!