• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023 Off-Season Thread

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

McDavid for sure. Everyone knew exactly what he was going to be. Bedard is getting some recognition but it’s closer to the recognition that Crosby received rather than McDavid.

I asked because im not really a diehard NHL fan. I support the Canes because it's Carolina. I always wondered who was the next big thing after Wayne Gretzky.

I remember hearing Crosby name back in the day. Lil Wayne famously used him in a rap lyric. It was crazy hearing a NHL player mentioned in a rap song.

7 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Cristall seems like a Canes pick through and through, small forward with speed with a massive upside, been compared to Johnny Hockey. We’ll see if the Canes go with the small guy or choose to get bigger.

Small guy. His list height is 5’10”

5 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I asked because im not really a diehard NHL fan. I support the Canes because it's Carolina. I always wondered who was the next big thing after Wayne Gretzky.

I remember hearing Crosby name back in the day. Lil Wayne famously used him in a rap lyric. It was crazy hearing a NHL player mentioned in a rap song.

People were hyping up McDavid since he was 13 years old, there’s YT videos of him training at like 12.

In his draft year he put up 120 points in 47 games in arguably the best junior hockey league in the world.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1

How would everyone feel about trading futures, prospects, etc. for EK and then flipping Pesce for a forward?

Adam Gold mentioned something today on the Pesce front that caught my eye. It seems that money might not be the issue but rather term. He speculates that the Canes don’t want to give Pesce a seven or eight year deal that will run him to 38 and would be more inclined to take EK for four years.

7 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

People were hyping up McDavid since he was 13 years old, there’s YT videos of him training at like 12.

In his draft year he put up 120 points in 47 games in arguably the best junior hockey league in the world.

Shoot McDavid was so good that he put up 60+ points as a 15 year old and then followed that up with nearly 100 at 16. 

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

How would everyone feel about trading futures, prospects, etc. for EK and then flipping Pesce for a forward?

Adam Gold mentioned something today on the Pesce front that caught my eye. It seems that money might not be the issue but rather term. He speculates that the Canes don’t want to give Pesce a seven or eight year deal that will run him to 38 and would be more inclined to take EK for four years.

Would not be opposed at all 

• Pie 1