• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023 Off-Season Thread

1 hour ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Sounds like Pesce is probably gone 

59 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Source or speculation?

If Coghlan got a QO from Carolina, the team is feeling vulnerable on the blue line. Maybe issues with the TDA deal or...? Otherwise I don't see a need for Coghlan. But it's only about $814k...

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, DavidEng said:

It's gotta be a $$ thing with Patches.  He is probably trying to max out his salary on a 1 year prove it deal.   Betting on himself big time, and a team that signs him for a good amount of $$ will be playing with fire.  That Achilles has been injured twice and are notorious for never being the same after.

I like Patches and wish him good health and the best.

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Rod likes his vets, wouldn’t be surprised to see one of Wheeler or Duchene in Carolina. Also read that we are circling back on Patches.

I would be shocked if Duchene is even being considered in Carolina.

Wheeler is intriguing but I wonder if we would meet his asking price and if he would be fine with a 2 year deal?

I read were it was being said Pesce is fine playing out his last year on his current contract, but he has to understand that the Canes don't really play like that.  I firmly believe if they just can't figure out a contract he will be moved.  We aren't typically a team that lets an asset walk for nothing when they have a high value (especially this offseason) and it's apparent there is no compromise.

I think Fasty loves Carolina and his teammates and I am thrilled he's back!  He showed a lot of loyalty leaving money on the table, but of course he's always seemed really smart and sometimes it's best to play where you are comfortable and know the situation.

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Erik Karlsson still being mentioned as a possibility for the Canes, starting to think the play is Karlsson and then shipping Pesce out for a forward.

Slavin - Burns

Skjei - Karlsson

Chatfield - TDA

Meh. Pesce should be allowed to play his last year out. 

So as of right now:

Svechnikov - Aho - Jarvis

Teravainen - Kotkaniemi - Necas

Martinook - Staal - Fast

Drury - Ponomarev - Noesen

Rees

Slavin - Burns

Skjei - Pesce

Chatfield - Coghlan

Raanta

Kochetkov

Still need another goalie, the TDA deal to go through, potentially one or two more forwards, and probably a LH 7th defenseman.

We also need to figure out the Pesce situation and extend Aho.

Edited by MillionDollarCam