• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ranking NFL coaches for 2023- Reich is 18

panthers55

2 hours ago, t96 said:

Lot of things to like about the staff but let's see how they perform before making claims like that. Not comparing the current group to this but everyone universally lauded our hiring of Joe Brady as OC and we all know how that turned out... No doubt there's a tremendous mix of experience and younger brighter minds bringing fresh ideas but best in the league top to bottom should be reserved for staffs that have shown results. Ours is entirely unproven right now. 

Who lauded Joe Brady as all that great outside of the same pundits that routinely get things wrong. Remember how everyone talked about Snow as being so creative while other DCs couldn't wait to play us. Truth is we were hoping that the college staff could hang in the NFL but go back to my posts and I didn't like Rhule at all and was very vocal about Snow and his prevent defense. Our staff is not unproven. Capers, Caudwell, Reich are proven entities. Josh McCown, Evero and Thomas were considered top talent to be a head coach.  No we havent won anything this year yet, but when you mix proven winners and top young talent you are hardly unproven. Anyone who doubts this staff don't have a clue. Nothing tells me this group won't be successful. My bigger fear is that we will lose the young guys after this year to head coach gigs after the success we are going to have.

Edited by panthers55

1 hour ago, Paa Langfart said:

The talk about the coaching staff at this point is akin to how great everyone is looking in preseason every year.  We can all hope for the best,  but time and time again unreal expectations (preseason) about this team has disappointed the hell out of a lot of us Panthers fans.  At this point I refuse to be sucked into feel good groundless hype.

This is exactly what I was referring to earlier. Panther fans have been so traumatized and disappointed they can't bring themselves to believe we will be good this year no matter what folks say. I would rather be optimistic all summer and early fall and then get disappointed versus being unwilling to dream big for fear we will suck again As a half full guy I predict we will win the division. Feel free to remind me of this if we do suck. But I am already on this train and really looking for a great ride.

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Join the hype!!

Come Here Lets Go GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

No I think we will be better than expected.  I am not expecting miracles with a new staff and rookie QB, but the hope is that we will be competitive and trending in the right direction as the year progresses.  

I am aboard this hype train already. Gonna go to camp this year for the first time since Rivera left. Even bringing a few of my grand nephews to get them autographs and convert them to Panther fans.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

On 6/27/2023 at 11:48 AM, panthers55 said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/gm-report/where-frank-reich-ranks-as-an-nfl-head-coach

I can surely see that some of the folks ahead of him deserve to be there. But Payton is number 3 with a win percentage of 57% and a playoff record of 11-11 or 50%.

I have always thought he was not nearly as good as others think.

I think I agree on Payton. I think sometimes a QB/Coach combo is just right. Brees made Payton really good. Not saying he isn't a good coach but not sure he is great.