• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rumor - Canes Adding Tarasenko

Just my personal opinion but Carolina is probably in the same boat as Ottawa and trying to make a trade before signing Tarasenko.

Teams can go 10% over the cap during free agency but doing so essentially negates any leverage you have in a trade. If the Canes signed Tarasenko, then traded for TDA, and then Coghlan signed his QO… we’d be over the cap by like $3.5M.

At that point we have no leverage in a Pesce trade. Teams will look at our cap situation and realize that we have to trade him. At this point in time we don’t have to do anything, we can keep him as a rental if we want.

I’m sure Waddell doesn’t want to go back on his word but at this point I’d sign Tank and call it. If we can move Pesce in a good deal then we can revisit the TDA trade then but I wouldn’t let that hold us up from signing Tarasenko.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

17 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Just my personal opinion but Carolina is probably in the same boat as Ottawa and trying to make a trade before signing Tarasenko.

Teams can go 10% over the cap during free agency but doing so essentially negates any leverage you have in a trade. If the Canes signed Tarasenko, then traded for TDA, and then Coghlan signed his QO… we’d be over the cap by like $3.5M.

At that point we have no leverage in a Pesce trade. Teams will look at our cap situation and realize that we have to trade him. At this point in time we don’t have to do anything, we can keep him as a rental if we want.

I’m sure Waddell doesn’t want to go back on his word but at this point I’d sign Tank and call it. If we can move Pesce in a good deal then we can revisit the TDA trade then but I wouldn’t let that hold us up from signing Tarasenko.

Here here, I’m with your on that. Have no desire to see essentially a retooling by trading away our defense. Get Tarasenko and stop there if we can. If not just stop, or if you must, take TDA and stop there.

Edited by DavidEng

11 minutes ago, DavidEng said:

Here here, I’m with your on that. Have no desire to see essentially a retooling by trading away our defense. Get Tarasenko and stop there if we can. If not just stop, or if you must, take TDA and stop there.

And people will say you can’t put Orlov on the third pairing, that’s fine then lol, put Skjei there.

You wouldn’t find a better d-corp than Slavin - Burns, Orlov - Pesce, Skjei - Chatfield.

4 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

That’s a weird tweet to say pretty much…nothing. And Gold is not the most plugged in person. 

? He says at this time there is no agreement in place. Do you really doubt that? It would have broken by now if there was.

Geesh. It’s kinda obvious.

18 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

We would have to trade a forward for Tarasenko. Not going to happen. 

Not really.

Drury only played last year because of injuries, people forget that he started in Chicago.

He hasn’t been as impressive as he was when he first came up. And if we did have to move a forward then he’s probably gone since he did request a trade last year.

14 minutes ago, DavidEng said:

Pretty obvious he’s right this time. Can’t dismiss that with name calling lol.

He’s right to the sense that Tarasenko hasn’t signed with Carolina yet but that doesn’t make Shayna wrong.

No offense to Adam and WRAL Sports but Shayna and The Athletic are more plugged in lol. Shayna is also based out of NY so she very well could have gotten this from the Rangers or Tarasenko’s camp.

But Gold is saving face right now because he wasn’t able to get the scoop.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1