• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fan enthusiasm...

Mr. Scot

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I just don't see how anyone can claim that they truly believe that we're headed in the wrong direction. For that to be true, you have to believe that we are currently in worse shape with our current staff and brain trust than we were under Rhule and company. A guy who went 10-23 before getting unceremoniously poo canned mid-season in his third year that no one outside of David Tepper thought he should've gotten.

5-11, 5-12, 1-4 and fired. How can anyone think we're going in the wrong direction moving on from THAT?

I think they think the Reich/Young combo is the wrong direction.

You know there are a couple in here who believe that.

7 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I think they think the Reich/Young combo is the wrong direction.

You know there are a couple in here who believe that.

Compared to what we had before I just don't see how the case can be made. I'm gonna be nervous as hell about Young's size for a long time but we've been dealing with pure hot trash at QB for years now. It was time to make a bold move. They did their homework and went all in to get their guy. Basically what I've been screaming for the Panthers to do at QB for several years now. At some point enough is enough of the "well, maybe one will fall in our lap next year" approach. The trade up was clearly the right call. We made the determination that sitting at #9 was just too low to have a shot at a guy we really wanted so we made a bold move up. And we were right with three QBs off the board by #4 with the 4th QB lasting to #33. We were sitting in no man's land at #9 and we knew it.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Compared to what we had before I just don't see how the case can be made. I'm gonna be nervous as hell about Young's size for a long time but we've been dealing with pure hot trash at QB for years now. It was time to make a bold move. They did their homework and went all in to get their guy. Basically what I've been screaming for the Panthers to do at QB for several years now. At some point enough is enough of the "well, maybe one will fall in our lap next year" approach. The trade up was clearly the right call. We made the determination that sitting at #9 was just too low to have a shot at a guy we really wanted so we made a bold move up. And we were right with three QBs off the board by #4 with the 4th QB lasting to #33. We were sitting in no man's land at #9 and we knew it.

Oh I agree, but there are still a couple who look at Reich as being basically just an average at best coach and Young is nothing but a small QB, no better than anyone else in any capacity.

And the way they talk, it's just going to be a continuation of the mediocre at best history we've had and they absolutely don't see us with a winning record any time soon, much less a solid playoff run.

Just go to one of those  recent playoff run threads to see. They aren't being quiet about it.

8 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Oh I agree, but there are still a couple who look at Reich as being basically just an average at best coach and Young is nothing but a small QB, no better than anyone else in any capacity.

And the way they talk, it's just going to be a continuation of the mediocre at best history we've had and they absolutely don't see us with a winning record any time soon, much less a solid playoff run.

Just go to one of those  recent playoff run threads to see. They aren't being quiet about it.

Hell, an average coach would be a monumental improvement from Rhule. Just look at what we did under Wilks.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Hell, an average coach would be a monumental improvement from Rhule. Just look at what we did under Wilks.

You are kind of hitting on the wrong direction complaints with that statement. There are a few out there that think Wilks should've been given the job. We will find out soon enough.

I don't think you ever hire the interim guy. Let it be an audition for someone else. I do hope we have made the right choice on qb.

1 hour ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Did Matt Fhule vote.  He's gotta be the only one who thinks we are going in the wrong direction.

I wouldn’t be surprised if that narcissistic mother fuger did vote. He definitely would do something like that.