• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bill Cowher not coming to Carolina

Jackofalltrades

I like Frazier as well. I also believe that if Frazier comes here, Meeks is gone. I do not see Frzier (agressive defense) running the Tampa 2 bend don't break defense.

I suspect Meeks can run whatever you want. The headcoach usually dictates the style the defense and offense utilize. There are a few real innovators out there but mostly it is copy from someone else.

Personally, I like Leslie Frazier. While I like Cowher, retreads have yet to do much with their "next" teams. History isn't always doomed to repeat itself, but it's a pretty strong indicator.
agreed here about retreads. i wouldn't be opposed to cowher but i won't be a bit upset if we don't get him.

guy i wanted is out of the picture (jim harbaugh). most the guys i like are DCs but an up and coming OC wouldn't be bad either.

If you think about it, it does make a lot of sense. Their D is ready and waiting for him, as is the possession of a good QB. All that needs doing to the roster is introducing discipline and shoring up the odd position. JJs money will go a long way to picking up the one or two players he feels will complete the roster.

Washington makes no sense due to the amount of positions in flux, especially QB.

Carolina has no stable QB AND various questions throughout the roster, no first rounder to help shore things up.

Cowher will only be coming in for a short stint. He wants a current contending team, so that he can take it to the next level and try to win the superbowl. All he is interested in, is being the first to win two with two different teams. If he were interested in more long term projects, then you likely would have seen him take less time off.

Due to this I can see he and JJ puttin up with whatever Cowher wants to do for a couple of years. If it does not work out, then they go their seperate ways.

SMF,

I find it pretty rich that you are the main one being an ass about all this. I mean, we NEVER see you make baseless comments and predictions now do we? Having said that, I am not surprised at all. The guy is posting something he believes could turn out to be true, how is that any different to what you do?! The difference between the two situations, is that you do it every God darn day. So please, refrain from name calling and trying to be a macho man by 'dissing' JOAT. Once again it just makes you look pathetic.

Forget all the retreads and other folks rejects, just promote Davidson and bring in Charlie Weiss as OC. Let Meeks run the defense and keep Hurney who has done a fairly good job. It would solve the problems allow the coordinators to do their job and be the least disruptive to the players. I personally don't think we need to blow up the team just let the coaches do what they are paid to do and fill in the spots like QB, OL, and a few others.

Forget all the retreads and other folks rejects, just promote Davidson and bring in Charlie Weiss as OC. Let Meeks run the defense and keep Hurney who has done a fairly good job. It would solve the problems allow the coordinators to do their job and be the least disruptive to the players. I personally don't think we need to blow up the team just let the coaches do what they are paid to do and fill in the spots like QB, OL, and a few others.

davidson as hc? are u freaking mad?

Cowher will only be coming in for a short stint. He wants a current contending team, so that he can take it to the next level and try to win the superbowl. All he is interested in, is being the first to win two with two different teams. If he were interested in more long term projects, then you likely would have seen him take less time off.

Curious what the source is on the short stint and win it all with 2 teams idea.

davidson as hc? are u freaking mad?

Think about it for a minute. Davidson came up in belicheck's system and worked for Weiss already. I have heard info which confirms in my mind anyway that Fox is exerting lots of control over the offense and frankly Jeff would run things differently if he could. Plus what is required of a heacoach is different from a coordinator. He is an ex player, a good communicator, and actually has an aggressive nature which is what everyone wants.

I think he would make a decent head coach and could likely lure Weiss here as an OC who would immediately spark the offense. Hurney could help him with the cap recruitment etc. Any other coordinator that isn't a retread would have no more experience that Davidson so they would be a gamble as well.

I wouldn't be opposed to Davidson as HC, we know very little about him as OC due to Fox's strict control and uber short leash. Davidson is well respected by the guys as a former player and was viewed as a strong, up and coming prospect prior to Being forces to conform to the mind numbing philosophies of Foxball.

I'd like to have an offensive minded coach, as long as they covet a strong D and let their DC do their job.

Think about it for a minute. Davidson came up in belicheck's system and worked for Weiss already. I have heard info which confirms in my mind anyway that Fox is exerting lots of control over the offense and frankly Jeff would run things differently if he could. Plus what is required of a heacoach is different from a coordinator. He is an ex player, a good communicator, and actually has an aggressive nature which is what everyone wants.

I think he would make a decent head coach and could likely lure Weiss here as an OC who would immediately spark the offense. Hurney could help him with the cap recruitment etc. Any other coordinator that isn't a retread would have no more experience that Davidson so they would be a gamble as well.

thinking, thinking......BRB

Archived