• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Positive from Today: Bryce Young's Talent in One Play

Saca312

11 hours ago, CRA said:

Corral looked like a guy who got hurt last preseason and wasn’t repping. Got to consider him a rookie again.  Game looks too fast.  Which makes sense. 

Yes. Thank you. 

I think if people can put aside the “Young Lion” posts, Corral has some good athletic traits, and he showed some good things while looking like a rookie (pressing, nerves), at other times. 

I look forward to seeing him the rest of preseason, and hope he shows he can be a cheap backup on a rookie deal, or valuable in a trade. 

1 minute ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Yes. Thank you. 

I think if people can put aside the “Young Lion” posts, Corral has some good athletic traits, and he showed some good things while looking like a rookie (pressing, nerves), at other times. 

I look forward to seeing him the rest of preseason, and hope he shows he can be a cheap backup on a rookie deal, or valuable in a trade. 

I mean we need to look at context. This is a kid who the last two times he got into a live game, got hurt His finish to his college career and his start to his pro career. So it should look like a rookie who got hurt and still hasn't adjusted to the speed of the NFL. And as "shaky" as he looked, he still went out behind a trash offensive line performance with the lesser wide receivers and went 15 of 22 for 68% completions. More reps and maybe we have ourselves an NFL roster level QB. We have won some games with PJ Walker and I think MC can be a bit better than that. This was an ok start. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

23 hours ago, Sam the Cat said:

An "A" you say?

Serious?

You must be on some good sh*t!

That's not my quote, that comes from the Sporting News. Moreover, considering what Bryce was dealing with, it's conceivable that someone would give him an A. I can't judge him because he really didn't have time.

• Beer 1

On 8/13/2023 at 8:56 PM, Varking said:

I mean we need to look at context. This is a kid who the last two times he got into a live game, got hurt His finish to his college career and his start to his pro career. So it should look like a rookie who got hurt and still hasn't adjusted to the speed of the NFL. And as "shaky" as he looked, he still went out behind a trash offensive line performance with the lesser wide receivers and went 15 of 22 for 68% completions. More reps and maybe we have ourselves an NFL roster level QB. We have won some games with PJ Walker and I think MC can be a bit better than that. This was an ok start. 

I basically missed the second half (having discussions with my wife & 96 year old grandma). You said something akin to what I wanted to say, but seeing that I really only paid attention during the first half, I bit my tongue. But,  when I looked at his stats I said, "This doesn't necessarily jibe with the 'Corral sucks' theme that some Huddlers were/are so quick to throw around." Some Huddlers gonna huddle though, and always overlook context. Context matters; I say this all the time. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1