• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All eyes on the OL in Practice today

ncfan

7 hours ago, Chaos said:

But I thought preseason performances meant nothing??  Everyone could see how bad the basic fundamentals of pass blocking were, preseason or not.  At least the staff isn't hiding or downplaying that poo needs work.

Totally the wrong way to think about it.  Preseason performances are EVERYTHING - especially for guys on the bubble.  

Preseason RESULTS mean nothing.

• Pie 1

Our starting line last year was pretty solid and I am having a hard time believing we regressed so much in one off season. 

Maybe they bought into the Koolaid that they were a solid group and didn't put a good effort out there. If the next preseason game we don't see major improvement than I am sure many will start heading towards the panic button.

The O-LINE must be a priority every year with Young.  We cannot nickel and dime hoping to find a diamond in the rough.  We can't have Chandler or Bell or any other project out there.

If we nickel and dime this line we just wasted another first round QB career. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Our starting line last year was pretty solid and I am having a hard time believing we regressed so much in one off season. 

Maybe they bought into the Koolaid that they were a solid group and didn't put a good effort out there. If the next preseason game we don't see major improvement than I am sure many will start heading towards the panic button.

The O-LINE must be a priority every year with Young.  We cannot nickel and dime hoping to find a diamond in the rough.  We can't have Chandler or Bell or any other project out there.

If we nickel and dime this line we just wasted another first round QB career. 

Not just first round, but the #1 pick in the draft QB's career is wasted. 

If you pick a QB #1 in the draft, you have to give him everything he needs to succeed. He is the player that determines your fate. That's why Ron pissed my off so much. Should have just drafted Von Miller if you were gonna ignore WR and OL, and just stack up on RBs, DTs and CBs. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Not just first round, but the #1 pick in the draft QB's career is wasted. 

If you pick a QB #1 in the draft, you have to give him everything he needs to succeed. He is the player that determines your fate. That's why Ron pissed my off so much. Should have just drafted Von Miller if you were gonna ignore WR and OL, and just stack up on RBs, DTs and CBs. 

True

With Young being so undersized the offensive line has to be top tier every season. We try to roll with the crap we've put out there during Cam's time we are going to get Young killed. 

• Beer 1