• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

FYI: Cuts begin today

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I think its a myth of developing a 3rd string guy into a nfl starter.  I'm sure its happened at some point but on the whole its not commonplace

It's not a myth, but yes it's been phased out as a common practice. Teams like to carry an extra STs guy now (for reasons that baffle me) rather than a developmental guy at the most important position in all of sports. 

2 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

It's not a myth, but yes it's been phased out as a common practice. Teams like to carry an extra STs guy now (for reasons that baffle me) rather than a developmental guy at the most important position in all of sports. 

a 3rd string qb is quite literally not getting any reps in practice during the season, not sure how one is supposed to develop.  Maybe on the PS but even then its just a long shot for them to develop into anything.  Looking over the starting qbs and their backups and I am not seeing anything remotely close to what MC might become

• Beer 1

23 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

a 3rd string qb is quite literally not getting any reps in practice during the season, not sure how one is supposed to develop.  Maybe on the PS but even then its just a long shot for them to develop into anything.  Looking over the starting qbs and their backups and I am not seeing anything remotely close to what MC might become

They do get reps…. They are the scout team qb. The diffference is that they run the opponents system week to week and not the playbook of their own team. 

person talked about MC playing that role for us this year in his athletic article 

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

They do get reps…. They are the scout team qb. The diffference is that they run the opponents system week to week and not the playbook of their own team. 

person talked about MC playing that role for us this year in his athletic article 

Yep.  By reps I mean the game planning and running our offense.   For whatever reason qbs are not being "developed" long term any more.  If MC makes the ps without being snatched then so be it.  I really dont see him moving the needle at all for this franchise.  In 2023 if it got to a point where he is starting then the bears are laughing their asses off at us.

For like the 100th time I will say it, rhule fuged this kid royally.  He should have been made #2 from the jump and then we could have seen hopefully some progression.   But now he just got fuged and I doubt he ever plays a meaningful snap for us.  Wasted pick(s)

• Beer 2

19 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Yep.  By reps I mean the game planning and running our offense.   For whatever reason qbs are not being "developed" long term any more.  If MC makes the ps without being snatched then so be it.  I really dont see him moving the needle at all for this franchise.  In 2023 if it got to a point where he is starting then the bears are laughing their asses off at us.

For like the 100th time I will say it, rhule fuged this kid royally.  He should have been made #2 from the jump and then we could have seen hopefully some progression.   But now he just got fuged and I doubt he ever plays a meaningful snap for us.  Wasted pick(s)

Damn right, Rhule seriously screwed him. Was that goof ball proficient at anything at all other than making piss poor decisions?