• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Football 2023

jayboogieman

18 minutes ago, CRA said:

You and a Paul Finnebaum going to stroke out if Dabo finds a way to 10-3 in the end.   Clemson still got the best coach and roster in the conference. 

You must not know me.

I don't believe in great coaches.

Elite players is what make coaches. Dabo is simply not getting the recruits he's use to getting. Clemson winning 10 games will be overachieving with that roster.

7 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

You must not know me.

Elite players is what make coaches. Dabo is simply not getting the recruits he's use to getting. Clemson winning 10 games will be overachieving with that roster.

Elite players do make coaches 

but it’s still the best roster in the ACC with the best coach.   I feel no different about things than the last couple seasons. 

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Duke QB went 17/33 for less than >200 yards. 

I mean, he can run.  He ain’t in the convo with those other QBs off that. 

This. He's a good college QB. He's not an NFL prospect unless he makes major leaps as a passer. He's a Darian Durant or Marquise Williams or Taj Boyd or Brandon Randall. All good college QBs.

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

You must not know me.

Clemson's last five recruiting class rankings: 7, 10, 5, 3, 10.

Clemson is recruiting just fine.

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Clemson's last five recruiting class rankings: 7, 10, 5, 3, 10.

Clemson is recruiting just fine.

Those class rankings don't mean anything. If anything is shows you Dabo is underachieving as a coach if he's still getting the top ranked classes and not producing.

You can't get blown out by a nerd basketball school. The talent level is just different. Dabo needs to step up if he's so great.

Those class rankings don't mean anything. If anything is shows you Dabo is underachieving as a coach if he's still getting the top ranked classes and not producing.

You can't get blown out by a nerd basketball school. The talent level is just different. Dabo needs to step up if he's so great.

Clemson is on a historic run right now.  Something only 2 others programs have ever done.  12 straight double digit win seasons with a top 25 finish.  With 2 nattys mixed in.

ACC champs in 7 of the last 8 seasons (including last season)

Not producing? 

Dabo is getting it done.   What we are witnessing is essentially a comical exaggerated response to an opening week flop on the road.  It’s sports.  It happens. 

LSU being ranked #14 is another joke.

These AP polls never make any sense.

Duke blows out Clemson yet Clemson is only a few spots behind them.

What about the top 25 ranked teams have a playoff bracket at the end of the regular season. Best team wins the Nat'l championship. It seems that would be more exciting. Leave the bowl games to the unranked schools.

8 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I mean, if we're strictly taking recruiting then yeah they mean a lot. Look at the teams that consistently get the highest rated recruiting classes. They're consistently among the elite teams. They're elite because they're gobbling up the elite talent.

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Clemson is on a historic run right now.  Something only 2 others programs have ever done.  12 straight double digit win seasons with a top 25 finish. 

ACC champs in 7 of the last 8 seasons (including last season)

Dabo is getting it done.   What we are witnessing is essentially a comical exaggerated response to an opening week flop.  

The ACC as a whole sucks. That's how Clemson gets overrated. Winning a bad conference is not something that impresses me. 

Put Clemson in the SEC I doubt he has the same success.

I know it sounds like im a Clemson hater, but im really not. Im just not impressed with the ACC as a whole. If we talking basketball then the ACC is top tier. 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I mean, if we're strictly taking recruiting then yeah they mean a lot. Look at the teams that consistently get the highest rated recruiting classes. They're consistently among the elite teams. They're elite because they're gobbling up the elite talent.

South Carolina is probably behind Florida when it comes to elite recruits. It helps that all the talent are coming from his state mostly.

South Carolina is probably behind Florida when it comes to elite recruits. It helps that all the talent are coming from his state mostly.

Yeah, having local talent is a nice perk but SC probably isn't all that high. Texas is definitely the 1b to Florida. Then you have California, Georgia, Virginia, honestly NC is probably above SC. SC is honestly probably borderline top 10.

10 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

The ACC as a whole sucks. That's how Clemson gets overrated. Winning a bad conference is not something that impresses me. 

Put Clemson in the SEC I doubt he has the same success.

I know it sounds like im a Clemson hater, but im really not. Im just not impressed with the ACC as a whole. If we talking basketball then the ACC is top tier. 

I mean, I don’t know what you are really arguing at this point.

Dabo doesn’t recruit but has a top 10 class every year.  He is struggling with #1 overall QB prospects.   He most definitely is recruiting elite talent.

Then he isn’t getting it done.  He coaches in the ACC.  That just is what it is. 7 of the last 8 ACC titles is getting it done.  A historic stretch is getting it done. 

and he has 2 nattys vs Bama.  King Kong.  Frankly, could have easily had a 3rd too with that first Watson matchup. 

I don’t know what your bar is. But it seems a tad unreasonable. But I get hating on Dabo/Clemson.  Runs like they have been on are annoying in general and I fully understand why most of been wishing for the fall of it 

21 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, I don’t know what you are really arguing at this point.

Dabo doesn’t recruit but has a top 10 class every year.  He is struggling with #1 overall QB prospects.   He most definitely is recruiting elite talent.

Then he isn’t getting it done.  He coaches in the ACC.  That just is what it is. 7 of the last 8 ACC titles is getting it done.  A historic stretch is getting it done. 

and he has 2 nattys vs Bama.  King Kong.  Frankly, could have easily had a 3rd too with that first Watson matchup. 

I don’t know what your bar is. But it seems a tad unreasonable. But I get hating on Dabo/Clemson.  Runs like they have been on are annoying in general and I fully understand why most of been wishing for the fall of it 

I mean, he's supposedly a UNC fan who spends all his time arguing that every other QB is better than Maye and Maye ain't poo if we don't go to the playoffs. He's an odd one. 😂