• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Panthers and Brian Burns not at all close to extension

TheSpecialJuan

It’s wild how we go from constantly paying positions that should not get big deals, then fug the layup extensions. We pay RB’s all day long, but a young superstar like Burns gets pissed at us and decide to hold out the week before our first game. It’s unreal. It’s not like we have a single player at his level on our team to rush the QB, but we decide to turn down a haul of picks and then get into a state off with the guy. 

Just now, WarPanthers89 said:

It’s wild how we go from constantly paying positions that should not get big deals, then fug the layup extensions. We pay RB’s all day long, but a young superstar like Burns gets pissed at us and decide to hold out the week before our first game. It’s unreal. It’s not like we have a single player at his level on our team to rush the QB, but we decide to turn down a haul of picks and then get into a state off with the guy. 

Gets pissed at us because we won't cave and give him a $30mil extension?

I'm all about maximize your megadeal, but be realistic. 

• Pie 1

What’s the end game here? He holds out a few games until finally caving? If he holds out all year, he loses $16 mill and his 5th year contract just starts over next year.

Maybe we get a second shot at trading him?

I think he knows he has to play eventually so he will play on Sunday.

1 minute ago, Tbe said:

What’s the end game here? He holds out a few games until finally caving? If he holds out all year, he loses $16 mill and his 5th year contract just starts over next year.

Maybe we get a second shot at trading him?

I think he knows he has to play eventually so he will play on Sunday.

Who knows. The guy shows up at camp pounding his chest that he needs to be here with his brothers and then immediately walks that back right when it matters.

1 minute ago, Gerry Green said:

Ah the Burns hate grows. Man this place is like Middle School. That kid is doing something I don't like. Quick let's do something stupid to him. That'll show him.

I don't see any hate in here. Just stating the facts that he walked back his previous statements and is not worth the contract he is (reportedly) demanding. 

I want this deal done and want Burns on this team....but not at $30 million per year because he simply isn't worth that price tag.

Edited by therealmjl
  • Pie 1