• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Your 2023 Captains

Tbe

Bigger changes than I expected:

Last years were: Christian McCaffrey, Baker Mayfield, Taylor Moton, Shaq Thompson, Jeremy Chinn, Brian Burns, Donte Jackson and J.J. Jansen.

So McCaffrey replaced by Thielen and Baker replaced by Bryce makes sense and was what I expected. Didn't expect JJ to get replaced by Hekker and Chinn and Jackson were "stripped" of their Cs with no one "replacing" them. Wouldn't read much into it but it is interesting.

12 minutes ago, UnluckyforSome said:

I'm not really on either side of it. I think more I was taking note of how our last high profile, rookie qb was not a captain in 2011. But sometimes people can be sensitive, or misread or misunderstand, or strive to take a position. As I stated, it's no big deal.

Ah, gotcha...

2 hours ago, joemac said:

Huh?  You've never seen rookie QB's named captain before?  Happens like every season...

I actually don't think a ton of rookie QB's were named captains in their first seasons as of late, some get it, but most end up getting it in their second season.

But this one was obvious for months, just the way the rest of the team talked about him and how crazy impressive he is off the field, he took over the leadership role of this team the second he stepped into the locker room, it's just who he is.

It's one of the reasons I was okay with drafting him, I still hate how small he is as I'll never not be concerned about him holding up long term in this league, but his ability to lead and his mental side of the game has the chance to be Peyton or Brady level type of stuff.

• Beer 1