• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's discuss Bryce Young's debut

GOAT

Just now, Castavar said:

All people have to do is go watch him choke against the then 2-14 Jags that eliminated them from the playoffs.

Any coach is gonna be hard-pressed to win 4 games with this roster, top-to-bottom. I've noticed the angriest people are the usual suspects plus the people who expected 9-10 wins this season. I'm not sure there's 9 wins to be had combined between 2023 and 2024, and that's even as Young improves.

I think he showed some flashes but overall disappointing. Particularly the same mistake on the second INT. It's his first game, we should wait until mid season before analysing too much. 

One thing I will say is his demeanour. He was very calm, but almost to the extent he brought no energy to the game. Not sure how to really interpret it. 

Just now, Carl Spackler said:

Any coach is gonna be hard-pressed to win 4 games with this roster, top-to-bottom. I've noticed the angriest people are the usual suspects plus the people who expected 9-10 wins this season. I'm not sure there's 9 wins to be had combined between 2023 and 2024, and that's even as Young improves.

Bullsh*t. Wilks won more than that with less talent. That is the lamest excuse I've heard.

I thought Bryce looked okay for it being his real first day on the job. Nobody’s perfect on their first day and he definitely found out the hard way with those 2 picks. But he showed poise and maturity in there and will grow from here. 

Agree with everyone else on needing better weapons with some speed.

Edited by Ghostface Chilla

3 minutes ago, Second_Solution said:

I think he showed some flashes but overall disappointing. Particularly the same mistake on the second INT. It's his first game, we should wait until mid season before analysing too much. 

One thing I will say is his demeanour. He was very calm, but almost to the extent he brought no energy to the game. Not sure how to really interpret it. 

Not much dawg and his parents seem to be overbearing/sheltering him. I've been a little weirded out since the combine honestly. Also the coaching staff praising him since day one was super soft for me. Seems like Duce is the only coach with an edge and our running game still sucked

2 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

He is what this team lacks: an affordable power back.

I can agree power back was and is a need for this offense with a rookie QB. Hubbard is better than some people say here but why we were running him on 4th and 1 is perplexing. But Foreman alone isn't changing this offense. Either Reich and Brown have some kinks to work out or it just stinks altogether. In their defense this receiver core is mehhhhhhhhh. Trading DJ Moore may very well cost Fitterer his job. Among other gaffes.

Edited by frankw
  • Beer 1

I mean a big talking point for drafting this guy was that he was able to perform well with hardly anything around him. Now he needs weapons everywhere to succeed, if you the number 1 pick i expect to see some sort of ability to elevate everybody around you. Not this " i cant judge him until he has all weapons around him" stuff. Dont care to hear that, I mean that started before we even got to game 1. Its not even necessarily about winning when it comes to that, just show why you were drafted at that spot in these games with what you have around you. Like someone else said, didnt see one elite caliber play today. Maybe next week.