• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Positives

NAS

My positives begin and end with the offensive line play.  We have 16 more games to go and we can win a lot of them if they keep that up.

I also liked going with Bryce under center and the quick hit run plays.   It seemed to really help Sanders and I wish they had gone with that more in the second half.  Otherwise Sanders ran slow and directly into tackles, which is usually my complaint about Chuba but he played very well.

4 minutes ago, RenoCarolina said:

My positives begin and end with the offensive line play.  We have 16 more games to go and we can win a lot of them if they keep that up.

This was my #1 concern from preseason so I was glad to see that improve.  

2 hours ago, Jackofalltrades said:

I thought they had a good start to the game, in particular the first drive. I love that they went for it on 4th and 1 despite getting stopped.

I thought Bryce looked good, all things considered. It was his first real NFL game, it was in a hostile environment, it's a new offense with a retooled OL and WR's who couldn't get separation. I was disappointed in the interceptions, especially the second one...but he's a rookie. 

I must have missed the scouting report that listed a cannon for an arm. I think we all knew that's not what we were getting. He made a couple of deep throws that showed his arm is plenty big enough to stretch the field. I'd rather have a highly accurate QB with an average arm than a cannon who misses open targets.

Biggest disappointment by far was the self inflicted wounds. Three turnovers, some boneheaded flags...just looked undisciplined.

Again, it's Game 1 and we knew this was going to be a long process.

He has a Brees type arm and the smarts as well. Let's see if he can make it work for him like Brees did.

• Pie 1

The biggest disappointment to me was the fact we took the ball out of Young's hands in the red zone,  on that first drive. We could have taken the early lead, and controlled the tempo of the game. 

The safety was playing shallow due to no true deep threats, so he was in better position for the interceptions. While frustrating,  am not concerned. Young will figure it out. 

Our running game tooled stout.

Burns showed that he worth the money he is asking for. 

Brown looks like a monster in this defense.  

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, Jmac said:

He has a Brees type arm and the smarts as well. Let's see if he can make it work for him like Brees did.

People forget that Brees only had 27 attempts his rookie season and all of those were in one game. He didn't become the full time starter until his second season and his stats were mediocre at best throwing 17 TD's to 16 INT's and at 60.85 acuracy.

We're going to have to be patient, period.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BreeDr00/gamelog/

Edited by Jackofalltrades