• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chuba needs more carries

Ricky Prickles

Just now, Smithers said:

Both RBs played well, and we were committed to the run game most of the game.  Playing from behind in the 4th made us move away from it a little bit.  

He just now has me curious and beginning to eat my words as I never believed in him before. I hope he continues to impress and prove me wrong about him.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

He just now has me curious and beginning to eat my words as I never believed in him before. I hope he continues to impress and prove me wrong about him.

He averaged like 5 YPC last season.  He’s a good RB.  I think a lot of fans just didn’t like him because we drafted him based on what Rhule’s wife said lol.  

• Beer 2

5 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

Chuba has always gotten too much hate. Likely due to the Rhule connection.

He's a weapon as a runner but a liability catching the ball out of the backfield. He looked good yesterday.

Yeah, he looked like a VERY GOOD weapon as a runner and definitely looked like he belongs on this team for sure! Catching maybe not so much but he definitely has value as a runner.

3 minutes ago, Smithers said:

He averaged like 5 YPC last season.  He’s a good RB.  I think a lot of fans just didn’t like him because we drafted him based on what Rhule’s wife said lol.  

That was probably me. She sounds like she may be a much better scouter of talent than her husband.

Edited by Ricky Prickles
  • Pie 3

14 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Meh. He ran pretty good.   Not sure what they were thinking with Chuba on 4 and 2.  I really didn't see anything special that would make him anything more than the backup he is.

One big run (HUGE hole) one good run and the rest, meh.  I'm not sure one superbly blocked play is enough to say dude is all of a sudden a legit RB.

• Flames 1

Chuba has always been underappreciated as a runner.  But I'm worried that his running style is a bit of a double-edged sword.  My impression of him is that he's a patient runner with pretty good vision, meaning he'll often be handed the ball, hesitate for a second while he scans for an opening, and then explodes through with pretty good burst.  That split second of hesitation worries me because if our run blocking isn't firing on all cylinders and creating holes, then he seems like the type of running back who is more prone to TFL behind the line.