• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFLPA Exec Director calls out the league over the turf

ncfan

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I was about to say let dozens of rank and file players get hurt and *crickets*. Let one superstar QB in the biggest media market in the country get hurt and NOW it's a problem.

Difference is this is something the rank and file care about too. The wheels are in motion now, there might not be any stopping this train. 

Happy Food GIF by Regal

3 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Was just coming here to post this. If I was a betting man, I’d say this is going to blow up as soon as this season. We very well may be looking at a strike or lockout if the NFLPA decides to take a vote on this. 

Especially with all the news out that these teams are bending over and putting out grass to cater to the upcoming World Cup.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Especially with all the news out that these teams are bending over and putting out grass to cater to the upcoming World Cup.

Not just that but from my understanding any time Messi plays in the MLS it has to be grass. It’s written into his contract. You think American football stars are going to take that, that one soccer player gets to dictate the playing surface, sitting down? Nah. It’s simmering. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Difference is this is something the rank and file care about too. The wheels are in motion now, there might not be any stopping this train. 

Happy Food GIF by Regal

My point is that the NFLPA doesn't care about the rank and file. They didn't care until a superstar gets hurt. If they actually cared about the rank and file they'd be pushing for max contract stipulations and bumping minimum contracts, but the superstars don't want that.

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

Not just that but from my understanding any time Messi plays in the MLS it has to be grass. It’s written into his contract. You think American football stars are going to take that, that one soccer player gets to dictate the playing surface, sitting down? Nah. It’s simmering. 

Mahomes and Burrow should have put that in their contract regarding their home stadiums. If one star player on each team does it, problem solved.