• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Help. Confused about Sunday Ticket

panfanman

5 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Ive tried the NFL thing in preseason a couple times and still just go back to streams because it's so convoluted

Honestly not sure what this even means.

I watch streams all the time, I know how annoying they are to get going, gotta click the link multiple times and close out the pop ups, then gotta do the same thing on the page of the stream itself to get it going.  Will need to re-fresh the stream at least a couple times during the game as well, and that's if the link itself mostly works and you don't have to find another one.

With Sunday ticket, you simply go to Youtube and click on the game you want to watch, it starts playing in seconds (unless it's the first time you are using it for the day and it might take an extra 10-15 seconds to verify your location so it knows what games need to be blacked out to you.

It's as simple as it gets, pretty sure if anyone is having issues with Sunday Ticket, it's user error

Edited by tukafan21
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Honestly not sure what this even means.

I watch streams all the time, I know how annoying they are to get going, gotta click the link multiple times and close out the pop ups, then gotta do the same thing on the page of the stream itself to get it going.  Will need to re-fresh the stream at least a couple times during the game as well, and that's if the link itself mostly works and you don't have to find another one.

With Sunday ticket, you simply go to Youtube and click on the game you want to watch, it starts playing in seconds (unless it's the first time you are using it for the day and it might take an extra 10-15 seconds to verify your location so it knows what games need to be blacked out to you.

It's as simple as it gets, pretty sure if anyone is having issues with Sunday Ticket, it's user error

If its available on Youtube Im sure its great. I was assuming its like the NFL+ thing on their website which sucks and it dims the screen every time you move the mouse. I use adblaok and Brave Browser so I don't get ads or pop ups on my streaming site of choice

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah if you got the money to spend I don't blame you.

I can afford it I just choose not to give them my money for something I can watch for free.

I watched those for years and the last couple have just been awful for me.  So many lagged out streams and whatnot just made it not worth the trouble..

1 minute ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I watched those for years and the last couple have just been awful for me.  So many lagged out streams and whatnot just made it not worth the trouble..

Have no trouble with mine. I just watched the Ravens/Bengals game with no issues.

Some stream sites are better than others. The only time I get lag is with the UFC fights. 

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, panfanman said:

I thought all games on Sunday were available.  Do black out rules apply?

I'm not given the choice to watch Colts@Texans which I wanted to see to watch the the rookie QBs.  Nor is Chiefs @ Jags and Chargers @ Titans.  Can somebody that knows enlighten me?  Thanks.

YES blackout rules apply

Game replays are NOT subject to blackout rules, so you can watch full game replays and key plays of blackout games beginning at midnight sunday

Multiview may be limited on various devices, as different TV/stream devices have different hardware specs and may not be able to handle it. YT is working on this, as they know it's something people want

4 hours ago, CBDellinger said:

Unlimited sharing with YouTubetv Sunday ticket this year, my man. Rather drop $100 with a couple of friends and not have to deal with the janky virus laden streams.  

Rules are still an smidge unclear about the unlimited sharing.

they say that there can be unlimited streams at the home and up to two streams shared to family members outside the home.

there is a chance that the devices used for the remote streams be checked in on the home network during the season… but Google may (or may not) be limiting this restriction for this year.  We’ll know more on this as the season progresses.

YouTube has posted this on their help page after getting bombarded with questions from users who had trouble watching

If you plan to watch NFL Sunday Ticket from the YouTube app on your Smart TV, set up your location before the games on Sunday (don’t put this off until game time!!) you’ll need to use your mobile device to verify your location, even if you watch on your TV

1 hour ago, PanthersATL said:

Rules are still an smidge unclear about the unlimited sharing.

they say that there can be unlimited streams at the home and up to two streams shared to family members outside the home.

there is a chance that the devices used for the remote streams be checked in on the home network during the season… but Google may (or may not) be limiting this restriction for this year.  We’ll know more on this as the season progresses.

Havent had an issue with it yet.  

12 minutes ago, CBDellinger said:

Havent had an issue with it yet.  

Don’t expect it to crop up for at least a month.  Other streamers with this type of restriction use a 60 day max before home checkin.

like I said, Google may choose not to enforce this for Sunday Ticket.  Sure we will find out when it happens