• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A loss to the Saints on MNF would be as bad a start as the Panthers can get.

hepcat

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Look at UGA without Bennett. Replacing QBs is hard sometimes, even when you have 4 and 5 star recruits stacked like cordwood.

Bama had a nice run with Hurts, Tua, Mac, then Young but the talent gap isn’t what it was for them with NIL money involved. I know what you are saying though incorporating young new QBs into an offense is tough. It’s what Carolina is currently struggling with in the NFL.

3 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

This isn’t how the team has been operating though. If they truly believed this they would have taken the Burns deal. I agree we SHOULD be rebuilding, but the moves we have been making are that we are a “QB away,” and now that we have that guy it’s time to win. Any team who thought they were rebuilding loads up on draft picks and we are literally doing the opposite of that. 

I've seen a lot of "well if it were we a rebuild they'd be doing this" type of logic (all of it extremely flawed) and people freaking out and panicking because of that.

It was always going to be a foundation building year.

Edited by Mr. Scot

So many act like this team doesn't remotely have a playoff caliber roster or a chance of it. Do you remember the only reason they weren't in the playoffs last year was because a bone headed stupid penalty by dj Moore. Upgrading the most important position in football and bringing in an all-star coaching staff to boot brought some expectations in a division like this. No reason they shouldn't have a legitimate shot. 

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You were skeptical of 2021, but you're absolutely certain you know who and what we are based on two games into this year? 

Yeah, sure...

I went into this season with no definitive expectations because I knew the kind of season we were looking at.

A rebuild.

This season is about building a foundation, getting our franchise QB adjusted to the pro level and hopefully learning a thing or two along the way. Any winning we do is just gravy.

To anyone who went in expecting more than that, or especially expecting playoffs or some kind of strong push, I've called that unrealistic...and still do.

Hell yea I was skeptical in 2021. I’ve thought Matt Rhule was a fraud since the day they hired him. Sam Darnold was Jets reject and those never pan out well. That was easy to see. 

But like a broken record I will keep saying it, we were sold on a high priced “all star” coaching staff and a #1 overall pick at QB, so damn right expectations should be higher. Starting 0-2 in the division while the rest of the division is 2-0 after all the moves they made is a bad look no matter what excuse you want to make. This is professional football. 

9 minutes ago, hepcat said:

But like a broken record I will keep saying it, we were sold on a high priced “all star” coaching staff and a #1 overall pick at QB, so damn right expectations should be higher.

Except they shouldn't...

All you're really doing right now is trying to find an argument to justify being emotionally upset about losing.

It's silly.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Except they shouldn't...

All you're really doing right now is trying to find an argument to justify being emotionally upset about losing.

It's silly.

After showing life late last season under Wilks, with the coaches they brought in, and the price they paid to get Bryce Young… if you think we shouldn’t have reasonable expectations that the team is competitive this season well I guess keep expecting nothing and you’ll never be disappointed (except I know you will be)

1 minute ago, hepcat said:

After showing life late last season under Wilks, with the coaches they brought in, and the price they paid to get Bryce Young… if you think we shouldn’t have reasonable expectations that the team is competitive this season well I guess keep expecting nothing and you’ll never be disappointed (except I know you will be)

No, I don't. And no, I won't...at least not this season.

All I'm hoping for this year is improvement, especially towards the final few games of the year.

Next season is when we can start talking about having higher expectations.

Edited by Mr. Scot