• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A loss to the Saints on MNF would be as bad a start as the Panthers can get.

hepcat

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Since 1990, 11.5% of teams starting 0-2 make the playoffs. You might not like it, but that's the reality.

Again, not what it's about.

I wasn't expecting to make the playoffs this year. Can't honestly say I care whether we do or not.

What I can say is that making long-range predictions about what kind of team we're going to be, how good our head coach is, how good our new quarterback is, etc after just a couple of games is pretty silly.

That's the point.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I wasn't expecting to make the playoffs this year. Can't honestly say I care whether we do or not.

What I can say is that making long-range predictions about what kind of team we're going to be from here on out after just a couple of games is pretty silly.

That's the point.

It really is the point though. The only point of the regular season is to get to the postseason. You can keep twisting in the wind if you want but the math is the math and the math says if we lose tomorrow night there's a near 90% chance that it's another futile season in the Panthers' record book.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

What I can say is that making long-range predictions about what kind of team we're going to be, how good our head coach is, how good our new quarterback is, etc after just a couple of games is pretty silly.

That's the point.

Heck I’d say it’s silly after one season.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It really is the point though. The only point of the regular season is to get to the postseason. You can keep twisting in the wind if you want but the math is the math and the math says if we lose tomorrow night there's a near 90% chance that it's another futile season in the Panthers' record book.

So what should we do? Blow it all up If we don't win it all this year?

You know better than that.

1 minute ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Heck I’d say it’s silly after one season.

I'd agree.

Said it before, the only thing I want to see this season is improvement.

Talk to me about having expectations next year.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Without signs of progress I'm ready to move on from Fitts. The guy was brought here to be Rhule's babysitter. While is gone. If we're not progression as a team get rid of the babysitter and go find a real GM.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Without signs of progress I'm ready to move on from Fitts. The guy was brought here to be Rhule's babysitter. While is gone. If we're not progression as a team get rid of the babysitter and go find a real GM.

Honestly Fitts is the only guy I would want gone but I bet he won’t unless it is proven Bryce is a 100 percent bust.  
So I think we need to settle in for Fitts being here longer than he should be. 
Par for the course with Tepper. 

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You just have to ignore the fans trying to make sweeping conclusions about a guy being a bust after a game or two. Gantt is a professional. He needs to be better and not act like a triggered Huddler because a lot of fans are tired of this organization's losing ways and choose to vent.

Yeah, that's not the only thing being said.

Besides people suggesting that Young is already a bust, you've got people saying they already know Reich is a failed hire, the staff is terrible, everybody needs to be fired and the team needs to be sold and yada yada yada.

It all boils down to people reacting with their emotions rather than their brains, and frankly it's childish.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Wouldn't bet on that happening either.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd agree.

Said it before, the only thing I want to see this season is improvement.

Talk to me about having expectations next year.

I usually give a coach 2 years before I start questioning him, 3 max. Same thing with GM and rookie QB. 
Fitt is in year 3 and call me unimpressed. 

3 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I usually give a coach 2 years before I start questioning him, 3 max. Same thing with GM and rookie QB. 

Fitterer threw a Hail Mary trading for Young. If it works out, he’s set for Young’s tenure on the team. If he fails, he’s out. He is lucky to have even gotten the opportunity to do that after his numerous failures in 2021 and 2022. But here we are, he made his biggest move to date and he gets to be around long enough to see if it pans out or not. It sucks but that’ll be the case most likely. 

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Sort of...

Coaches and GMs tend to function as a synthesis (similar to quarterbacks and receivers). Over the last few years, Fitterer was trying to get the kind of players Matt Rhule and his staff wanted (and that's not even addressing that he didn't have final say).

So where you previously had Fitterer / Rhule, now you have Fitterer / Reich. Likewise you've gone from Snow to Evero, McAdoo to Brown, etc. That's one of the reasons for high turnover on previous draft picks, i.e. guys that were taken in order to suit systems that are no longer in place.

You have to take all those dynamics into account when you're looking at the resorts.

I seriously doubt Fitterer is in any danger after this season, but going forward what will determine his future as much or perhaps more so than anything else is how well he works with Frank Reich.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1