• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Receivers Appear Lost

Carolina Cajun

I know its talked to death about how bad our Receivers are, but I'm wondering what the hell is happening in practice.  Its one thing to not get separation, but they don't seem to know what routes their running.  Multiple times we had multiple receivers in the same area.  Hell, even the 2 point conversion had 2 receivers just standing right next to each other.  Lack of separation and speed is a skill thing, but not knowing routes is a coaching thing.

• Beer 2

Just now, BIGH2001 said:

But Shawn Jefferson put on pads and hit stuff in the preseason. I don’t understand what’s going on.

Social media says they are all rockstars and we are a great team and treats the players like A-list celebrities and then the fanbase gets confused when they get their ass whipped.

It's the playcalling, the plays are changing every sec...

40 sec on play clock: Reich calls play

35 sec on play clock: Bryce to coach they know the play

30 sec on play clock: Reich calls another play

25 sec on play clock: Bryce to coach they just adjusted to that

20 sec on play clock: Reich huh

10 sec on play clock: Bryce coach what you want to run

5 sec on play clock: Reich go with what you think...

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, Cdparr7 said:

Social media says they are all rockstars and we are a great team and treats the players like A-list celebrities and then the fanbase gets confused when they get their ass whipped.

Thank god we finally wrestled social media control away from Rhule. I’m surprised Fitterer didn’t trade a 2nd round pick for it. 

2 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Yeah WRs are bad. 

The ghost of Adam Thielen is our best weapon apparently. 

I know they're bad, and Thats obviously a problem, but Im more concerned about the lack of coaching.  We had an extra day to prepare and had like 4-5 times tonight where receivers were in the same area.  If your recievers are bad (and ours are), we cant let 1 DB cover 2 receivers.

5 minutes ago, Carolina Cajun said:

I know its talked to death about how bad our Receivers are, but I'm wondering what the hell is happening in practice.  Its one thing to not get separation, but they don't seem to know what routes their running.  Multiple times we had multiple receivers in the same area.  Hell, even the 2 point conversion had 2 receivers just standing right next to each other.  Lack of separation and speed is a skill thing, but not knowing routes is a coaching thing.

Might be a reach lol.... receivers run routes and catch!

2 minutes ago, Bluetooth said:

Don’t the headsets get turned off when there is 15 seconds left on the clock?

1 minute ago, Bluetooth said:

Thank you, this is kinda what Im worried about.  Actually makes a lot of sense.  Bryce in the hurry up at the end looked better than at any point in the game but it would make sense since Reich and Young didnt have a chance to overthink the situation.

3 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

What receivers?

You mean those slow guys with no moves who are covered like blankets in the dead of winter? 

When you have those type of players you better put some sprinkles and icing on that vanilla offense you are throwing out there.

As I said, if you have slow receivers who cant get separation, the LAST thing we need is to have them in a position where 2 can be covered by a single DB.

• Beer 1

Just now, Varking said:

Don’t the headsets get turned off when there is 15 seconds left on the clock?

Yeah I think it’s something like that. Somebody during the preseason (maybe Ellis? Maybe somebody else?) said that Reich calls multiple plays and then there are hand signals to Bryce on which one becomes primary, then he can check out of it if he sees something.