• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some analysis from Ellis...

Mr. Scot

11 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Since credentialed he's turned into a bootlicker

I don't agree with that. He has made some rather obvious criticisms of the team and things they have done. 

I just happen to disagree about anything "special" Bryce has done so far.

But, I mean I hope that we can all agree that we want him to be right.

The alternative is horrifying.

• Pie 1

“Peyton Manning might be among the four or five best quarterbacks to ever live. He also threw a league-high 28 interceptions and went 3-13 his rookie year. Joe Burrow was 2-7-1 and was sacked 32 times in 10 games. Josh Allen completed 52.8 percent of his passes, with 10 touchdowns and 12 picks, and was 5-7 as a rookie.” 

Good quote to keep things into perspective. I’m still tired of seeing soft ass panther teams since 2018 but I’m not freaking out about Young. He will be fine, and he’s a rookie who just finished his second game. Everyone else on the team has no excuse. 

From an outside perspective, Panthers performance last night was bad to our eyes, but looks like they are given some grace due to everything being new. From CBS Week 2 grades:

New Orleans 20-17 Carolina (Monday)

B
team logo

Through two weeks, it's starting to look like the Saints might have one of the best defenses in the NFL. The Saints defensive front absolutely manhandled the Panthers offensive line on a night where Carolina was held to under 250 yards of offense. The defense has only given up one touchdown all year, which is making things much easier for the Saints' offense. Although that side of the ball is still a work in progress, Derek Carr does seem to have figured out how to throw the long ball. Although Carr struggled at times, he came up with several clutch throws in the fourth quarter to help put the game away. The Saints have a playoff caliber defense and if you combine that with the fact that Carr seems to be getting more comfortable in the offense each week, the Saints are looking like the early favorite in a suddenly loaded NFC South race that currently features THREE undefeated teams.     
C+
team logo

When you have a rookie quarterback, you know there are going to growing pains and there were plenty of those for Bryce Young in this game. The No. 1 overall pick struggled with his accuracy, he rarely threw the ball down field and he was indecisive on quite a few plays, which caused the offense to sputter for the better part of three quarters. The Panthers defense did its best to keep Carolina in the game, but it seemed to wear down on a night where New Orleans ran 74 plays (To put that in perspective, the Panthers only ran 56 plays). The Panthers will likely improve as the season goes on, but right now, they're definitely the weak link in the NFC South.     

17 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Since credentialed he's turned into a bootlicker

Hey there, hope you all are well. Listen, I understand the frustration. I’d encourage you to give our podcast from this evening a listen. Might not be of interest to you, but it’s a pretty detailed conversation about some of the pass game issues. 

I can confirm that zero boots were licked during the filming of the show. 

https://x.com/1pantherplace/status/1704300296329924680?s=46&t=nmNdeG0SJoXKk-LrboSuDw

• Pie 3

Hey, it’s a performance business. They’ve earned some of this criticism via early-season fundamental lapses, was tracking first down production at the game last night. In the fourth quarter, average yards to gain on second downs: 9.2 

Work on cleaning that up a little bit, maybe. Just a thought. Start there. 

7 minutes ago, EllisRadio80 said:

Hey, it’s a performance business. They’ve earned some of this criticism via early-season fundamental lapses, was tracking first down production at the game last night. In the fourth quarter, average yards to gain on second downs: 9.2 

Work on cleaning that up a little bit, maybe. Just a thought. Start there. 

Early season football has always been sloppy, but I think it's gotten even sloppier since the latest CBA relaxed the practice rules.

That's true even for established franchises. When you throw in a group that's just getting started like ours, well...

FYI John, my take on the game was here: Post Mortem: Game 2

Did one for the first game also.

Feel free to take a look and tell me whether or not I'm full of sh-t 😄

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Flames 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Early season football has always been sloppy, but I think it's gotten even sloppier since the latest CBA relaxed and practice rules.

FYI John, my take on the game was here: Post Mortem: Game 2

Did one for the first game also.

Feel free to take a look and tell me whether or not I'm full of sh-t 😄

Hold on, let me grab my credentials. I’m going to wear them while I read it.