• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Give me a reason to be excited about the future of this team

TN05

It takes time to see if this experiment is going to work.  But as bad as it looks now this team is in better hands than it's been since Tepper took over. It's still a weak team overall. It's like fighting with one hand tied behind you. This season will be a measuring stick going forward.  Next offseason is setup to be the make or break moves for a lot of folks with this team. The outcome next year will tell you whether it's working or we are headed back to square one. 

Building a supporting cast on offense with be crucial for Fitterer IMO. I've been on the fence about him for awhile now.  I'm ready to say that he's not helping this team with his decisions and should go unless he makes a serious turnaround. 

1 hour ago, UNCrules2187 said:

While I largely agree here, my only quibble is the 5 of 6 key positions accounted for bit. Accounted for in the sense we have someone there? Yes. TBD on whether or not they are the actual answers or no:

QB - rookie #1 overall pick; way too early to tell if he's a hit or not

LT - 6th overall pick, young, shows flashes, seems to have regressed/struggled more than expected so far but willing to give more time

DT - agreed, but he'll be seeking a big, big raise after this year

DE/Pass Rush - for now...if this team starts 1-5/0-6 and Burns still doesn't have a new deal, I wouldn't be surprised to see him dealt

CB - can't agree here; when healthy, Jaycee is a lockdown corner, but so far the guy will have missed at least 22 of a possible 39 games (14 in '21, 4 in '22, minimum 4 in '23 and that's giving him credit for the Atlanta game where he got hurt before halftime and it will be more than that given he's probably not coming back until the 2nd half of the year at best). Until he can be shown to be relied upon for at least 80% of a season, not sure you can say we have CB locked down

A lot can happen - but you can see they consciously went after the key positions in the first rounds in each of the last several drafts. 

I agree Horn is a huge question mark.  A shutdown corner is so important in today's nfl.  Locking up half the field makes defending so much easier.  I don't believe in someone being injury-prone.  Football is a violent game and guys are always getting hurt. Just tough luck for the kid in my opinion.  Maybe the odds will even out and he'll come back and play 8 years without missing a game. He certainly has the talent/tools for a long career. Hopefully he recovers quickly.