• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mods can we get a handle on these threads???

WarPanthers89

2 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

7 winning seasons in almost 30. Zero back to back winning seasons, ever. I mean, at some point, it becomes a disgrace to Sam Mills to even say that slogan anymore.  

So pick another team or quit if it bothers you? All of these things were also true two weeks ago. 

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

It’s so funny to me that this team’s mantra over the last generation is to keep pounding, and yet this groups mantra is to waive the white flag at the first sign of adversity. 

If I had told you after the draft that there a loud portion of the fan base wanted to fire the new coach, replace a rookie QB with Andy fuging Dalton, trade away current stars to get a new QB next year, and fawn for Baker Mayfield after two fuging weeks of the season, you would have thought man those guys are emotional lunatics.

But no, that’s the huddle, where it’s evidently a competiton to see who can get the gold medal for saying we suck the most. 

There's not a single player or coach on the team with an emotional connection to Keep Pounding, it's no more meaningful than Jack Del Rios "Keep Chopping" is in Jacksonville anymore, or Rhule's DBO.  It stuck because Sam Mills was a great man and an icon for this team and to not honor that tradition would piss a lot of people off.  But the inspiration of it doesn't mean anything more to this crop of players than it means to any other athlete on any other team that didn't know or play with Sam.

Other than that, I'd say any fan on this board still participating, bitching or otherwise after the last six years is indeed STILL POUNDING even if they're doing it wrong in your estimation.

5 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

It’s so funny to me that this team’s mantra over the last generation is to keep pounding, and yet this groups mantra is to waive the white flag at the first sign of adversity. 

If I had told you after the draft that there a loud portion of the fan base wanted to fire the new coach, replace a rookie QB with Andy fuging Dalton, trade away current stars to get a new QB next year, and fawn for Baker Mayfield after two fuging weeks of the season, you would have thought man those guys are emotional lunatics.

But no, that’s the huddle, where it’s evidently a competiton to see who can get the gold medal for saying we suck the most. 

I've mentioned this in a couple of other places....

You've got some people who panic at the first sign of tough times whether it's warranted or not.

You've got others who love the attention they get when things are bad more than they actually do cheering for the team.

And then there's some who will continuously predict that everything's going to be bad whether it actually is or not, and then when they're right one time in ten years proclaim themselves geniuses.

All of these groups include people who love to be able to say "see, I said it first" if things continue to be bad. Said folks will typically disappear if things actually get better, or sometimes come back and claim they were just trolling.

Bottom line of course is devotion to ego and being able to say "I told you so".

None of these people are ever much fun to discuss football with, but they fit the modern sports talk landscape very well 🙄

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

So pick another team or quit if it bothers you? All of these things were also true two weeks ago. 

How about I don’t support mediocrity and consistent losing lol. It breeds cynicism. The fan base is fed up. I’m going to continue to poo on the franchise until they get it together. Put me on ignore if it bothers you dude. Idc lol. 

• Pie 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Uuuhhh...you sure about that?

No, there's no way to be sure not a single person has no connection.  I suppose restated I could say I'm sure it doesn't mean anything to most.  Dan Morgan is still in the building but technically an executive.  Who else still has direct ties?

1 minute ago, Newtcase said:

No, there's no way to be sure not a single person has no connection.  I suppose restated I could say I'm sure it doesn't mean anything to most.  Dan Morgan is still in the building but technically an executive.  Who else still has direct ties?

Please tell me you are trolling for the fun of it.

2 minutes ago, Panthera onca said:

I don't think he is. In discussions I've had with him, he doesn't strike me as that kind of character.

I think he just doesn't know. Maybe too young to remember.

Edited by Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, Newtcase said:

There's not a single player or coach on the team with an emotional connection to Keep Pounding, it's no more meaningful than Jack Del Rios "Keep Chopping" is in Jacksonville anymore, or Rhule's DBO.  It stuck because Sam Mills was a great man and an icon for this team and to not honor that tradition would piss a lot of people off.  But the inspiration of it doesn't mean anything more to this crop of players than it means to any other athlete on any other team that didn't know or play with Sam.

Other than that, I'd say any fan on this board still participating, bitching or otherwise after the last six years is indeed STILL POUNDING even if they're doing it wrong in your estimation.

If you think that Keep Pounding was just a gimmick that is along the lines of Rhule/Del Rio and not part of the team’s culture that’s been passed down for the last two decades, then I don’t know what to tell you.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't think he is. In discussions I've had with him, he doesn't strike me as that kind of character.

I think he just doesn't know

4 minutes ago, Panthera onca said:

I wouldn't say I didn't know.  I've certainly followed the Panthers since day one.  I suppose Frank and Dom being there at the beginning just didn't connect for me with Sam and his battle  and "keep pounding" coming long after their departure.  But fair play, they are def connected to Sam.