• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This doesn't help Brian Burns contract talks

CanadianCat

Here’s another view of Burns doing the same thing, getting driven around the back of the QB on Olave’s catch. The play you linked had Luvu get through and make a sack. This time the rest of the pocket was fine.

https://www.neworleanssaints.com/video/chris-olave-reception-highlights-vs-panthers-2023-nfl-week-2-expert-analysis

Again, not saying Burns sucks but he had a much bigger impact on the Atlanta game and I think arches the entire game against NO and at no time did I feel Burns dominated.

Edited by WhoKnows

Just now, WhoKnows said:

One play where Luvu got the sack. Are you going to post the rest of the plays where the tackle stuffed him with no help? Even YGM will get a pressure during the game. Burns did not dominate against NO. 

Luvu doesn't get the sack if Burns doesn't move Carr off of his spot and forces him to step up in the pocket.

It's called team defense. 

No player dominates every game they play what kind of standard is that. 

That fact if the matter is Burns is a force, the Atlanta coach was interviewed by the FOX reporter and said they have to make adjustments in the 2nd half to counter Burns. 

It's good thing none of you are the real Panthers GM. "trade Burns so we can get a receiver for timid Byrce Young"

Sorry Bryce for sending strays your way, but man some of these takes are wild. 

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Pantherxtreme said:

Luvu doesn't get the sack if Burns doesn't move Carr off of his spot and forces him to step up in the pocket.

It's called team defense. 

No player dominates every game they play what kind of standard is that. 

That fact if the matter is Burns is a force, the Atlanta coach was interviewed by the FOX reporter and said they have to make adjustments in the 2nd half to counter Burns. 

It's good thing none of you are the real Panthers GM. "trade Burns so we can get a receiver for timid Byrce Young"

Sorry Bryce for sending strays your way, but man some of these takes are wild. 

If Burns wants Bosa money then he can’t be game planned for and taken out of a game. Atlanta clearly adjusted and their offense moved much better in the second half. If Burns’ best play is speed rushing around the QB when the other guys did collapse the pocket then he needs to do more. I shared a link where he was just guided by and Carr didn’t even have to step up. QBs step up a lot. Again, Burns didn’t dominate against NO.

Also, when did I say trade for a WR? I wanted to trade Burns last year when we got an offer that was great value. At this point, trading him is not worth it. Who knows if we’ll finally sign him.

4 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

If Burns wants Bosa money then he can’t be game planned for and taken out of a game. Atlanta clearly adjusted and their offense moved much better in the second half. If Burns’ best play is speed rushing around the QB when the other guys did collapse the pocket then he needs to do more. I shared a link where he was just guided by and Carr didn’t even have to step up. QBs step up a lot. Again, Burns didn’t dominate against NO.

Also, when did I say trade for a WR? I wanted to trade Burns last year when we got an offer that was great value. At this point, trading him is not worth it. Who knows if we’ll finally sign him.

For all that dominating Bosa is doing he has 1 sack on the season, 1 less than Burns who stands at 2. 

• Flames 1

22 minutes ago, Pantherxtreme said:

For all that dominating Bosa is doing he has 1 sack on the season, 1 less than Burns who stands at 2. 

Bosa had 2 sacks last night.  Only one goes in the books.  That one that was almost a safety gets logged. 

He also had a sack on that 2 pt conversation.   They don't log that in the books though.   

20 minutes ago, Pantherxtreme said:

SMH. Stats wise, Bosa is well beyond Burns for his career, especially per game. We’ve been over that. Honestly, it doesn’t matter and it doesn’t mean Burns isn’t a solid player. Saying Josh Allen isn’t Patrick Mahomes doesn’t mean I wouldn’t be ecstatic to have Allen on our team.

I’ve only watched a few drives of SF (last night and last season) and Bosa disrupts the entire time he’s out there whether or not he gets stays. Burns can disappear and disrupt at times. I assume you were around for the last SB year. Well, if you watched Short that year, he was a dominant force where some games he literally disrupted the entire opposing offsense by blowing up runs and collapsing pockets. Short wasn’t Donald but for a few years he was a force. Burns hasn’t gotten to that level yet. Hopefully, he does this year since we almost have to extend him.

22 minutes ago, CRA said:

Bosa had 2 sacks last night.  Only one goes in the books.  That one that was almost a safety gets logged. 

He also had a sack on that 2 pt conversation.   They don't log that in the books though.   

He's played 3 games

The stats are what they are. He has 1 on the season 

Burns has played 2 games with 2 sacks. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Pantherxtreme said:

He's played 3 games

Gotta love the Huddle. They rather talk down on our best player rather than focus on the real issues. Brian Burns is so far down the list on the things we should be focusing on.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Pantherxtreme said:

He's played 3 games

And stats sometimes lie or don't tell the truth.  Last night is just a big perfect example. He had 2 pretty big sacks last night.   Especially the sack that didn't get logged because it was a 2 point conversion.  

Bosa and Burns haven't been comparable players the past several years.  Nor this year. 

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Gotta love the Huddle. They rather talk down on our best player rather than focus on the real issues. Brian Burns is so far down the list on the things we should be focusing on.

Burns isn't even our best player.   Luvu is. 

That's not Burns hate.  He just isn't.  Burns is an elite pass rusher.  One of the best in the NFL at that.  But Bosa is more than that.  Which again, simply acknowledging that isn't talking down Burns.