• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This doesn't help Brian Burns contract talks

CanadianCat

https://www.nfl.com/news/top-10-pass-rushers-micah-parsons-earns-top-marks-in-new-next-gen-stats-pressure

Burns doesn't make the top 17

Top 10:
1. Micah Parsons
2. Nick Bosa
3. Myles Garrett
4. Hasson Reddick (sad face)
5. Trey Henderson
6. Quinnen Williams
7. Javon Hargrave
8. Za'Darius Smith
9. Josh Allen
10. Alex Highsmith

Honorable mentions to:
DeForest Buckner
Danielle Hunter
Jaelan Philips
Josh Sweat
Montez Sweat
Josh Uche
TJ Watt

If he's not worth elite money, then why did the Rams offer so much to trade for him.  The Panthers offered him very, very good money which would have put him around 5-6th highest Edge rusher contract if the rumors of them offering him a contract similar to Maxx Crosby.

Also, that list is based off of mostly last year when he who shall not be named was coaching the team.

I agree that Burns has not yet proven to be on the level of Bosa, Watt, Garrett but I think he is definitely in that 2nd tier.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

42 minutes ago, Loyalty4Life said:

If he's not worth elite money, then why did the Rams offer so much to trade for him.  The Panthers offered him very, very good money which would have put him around 5-6th highest Edge rusher contract if the rumors of them offering him a contract similar to Maxx Crosby.

Also, that list is based off of mostly last year when he who shall not be named was coaching the team.

I agree that Burns has not yet proven to be on the level of Bosa, Watt, Garrett but I think he is definitely in that 2nd tier.

Because they have a very small window and an edge rusher like Burns could have complimented Donald and possibly got them there. No one cares about picks hoisting a Lombardi. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

15 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

Fitterer not taking that haul from the rams last year is all burns' contract needed. He's got all the leverage 

If he doesn't live up to that top Edge rusher contract tier this year, he will be devalued next year. Should have traded him when his stock was high!

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Louie said:

If he doesn't live up to that top Edge rusher contract tier this year, he will be devalued next year. Should have traded him when his stock was high!

His stock I dont think has dropped. If Im the team I hold on to him until week 8 and see what the contenders are willing to give.

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Because they have a very small window and an edge rusher like Burns could have complimented Donald and possibly got them there. No one cares about picks hoisting a Lombardi. 

I don’t know why that’s so hard to understand. The Rams saw that the 49ers were struggling to start last year and with their older stars including Stafford, they were shooting their wad for the division. They tried to trade for CMC too. They also probably knew it would take extra to get Burns. Doesn’t mean the rest of the NFL (or the Rams now) value Burns as much.

McVay and Donald had already floated retirement and had they made that trade, it wouldn’t shock me if McVay would have because he would have been missing 3 more years of 1sts and his 2023 2nd.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, Louie said:

And if according to all the folks in here, including Zod, we were crazy to think we would be good this year the draft picks and cap savings to roll over were even more valuable. One of the arguments against was that the first rounders were 2024 and 2025 picks and those were devalued because the wouldn’t help in 2023. Welp, they aren’t devalued if 2023 was a lost year. Can’t have it both ways.

• Flames 3