• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For the Anti-Tankers: Can you provide a legitimate reason that this team should not have tanked last year?

Just now, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

Using gifs because you know I'm right

dude if you think tanking is real, there is nothing I can say that is going to change your mind.

and I did respond just after that, GM's, presidents, scouts, executives, all get fired if a team does not perform. I'm not sure what world you live in. Even owners will sell a team if they are unsuccessful. This debate is outrageous and not worth my time. I am truly enjoying laughing at folks that believe this to be true. good grief kids...

1 hour ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

I don't know exactly how this season is going to turn out, but I really can't see this team mustering more than 6 wins. It's hard to watch right now without DJ Moore (our best weapon outside of CMC in recent history) out there and knowing we have no 1st rounder for the next draft. We fired Wilks after the season, so there was no "winning culture, bro" to be sustained. So what exactly was the point of last year? We beat bad teams and got trounced by good ones.

If we had finished the year with Rhule or Baker, we would have either Young, Stroud, or Richardson at no extra cost. And don't tell me about player morale because it isn't looking great right now anyways. Not to mention we are getting laughed for being "fleeced" by Chicago and keeping Burns looks like a horrendous move right now.

I know, I know. "I'm a loser." "Players and coaches don't tank." 

So, can you provide a reason that you would still stand by the anti-tanking mindset?

Character is a great reason.

1 minute ago, Varking said:

I’m really confident one of the players used the tank word when describing how this went down and why they were upset. 

you're talking about when SB winning coach and Jags current coach subbed Sudfield in on the last game of the season to improve a draft spot? oh the horror.

people like you base your entire theories around poo like that and claim a team is tanking their entire season lmao.

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

you're talking about when SB winning coach and Jags current coach subbed Sudfield in on the last game of the season to improve a draft spot? oh the horror.

people like you base your entire theories around poo like that and claim a team is tanking their entire season lmao.

To improve their draft spot via subbing in lesser players = tank

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, GOAT said:

dude if you think tanking is real, there is nothing I can say that is going to change your mind.

and I did respond just after that, GM's, presidents, scouts, executives, all get fired if a team does not perform. I'm not sure what world you live in. Even owners will sell a team if they are unsuccessful. This debate is outrageous and not worth my time. I am truly enjoying laughing at folks that believe this to be true. good grief kids...

Bullshit. Shitty GMs keep their job all the time on losing teams. If Fitterer had a 3-14 team last year, he would still have his job and you know it. And why would an owner that is okay with tanking fire his GM that is facilitating the moves? That doesn't make any sense.

But you go ahead act like you're holier than thou and send some more emails to the organization that they will send straight to the trash bin.

Edited by Move the Panthers to Raleigh
  • Pie 1

Just now, Varking said:

To improve their draft spot via subbing in lesser players = tank

huge reach. many players are sat for the last game of the season. I'm all for making an adjustment like this on the low to improve a draft spot if it's the last game and the season is lost...

BUT TO TANK AN ENTIRE SEASON???? CHILD PLEASE LMFAO!!!!!!!

Just now, GOAT said:

huge reach. many players are sat for the last game of the season. I'm all for making an adjustment like this on the low to improve a draft spot if it's the last game and the season is lost...

BUT TO TANK AN ENTIRE SEASON???? CHILD PLEASE LMFAO!!!!!!!

Where did I say they tanked the entire season? 

Just now, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

Bullshit. Shitty GMs keep their job all the time on losing teams. If Fitterer had a 3-14 team last year, he would still have his job and you know it. And why would an owner that is okay with tanking fire his GM that is facilitating the moves? That doesn't make any sense.

But you go ahead act like you're holier than thou and send the organization some more emails to the organization that they will send straight to the trash bin.

The Bucs GM who has a number of bad seasons also has a super bowl and GM of the year awards. The dude drafted a kicker in the 2nd round...GMs ALWAYS have a long leash.

• Pie 1