• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ffs start Dalton all season

RumHam

7 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

Their D Did the same thing the first 2 teams did. They were defending all the short and intermediate,  daring us to beat them deep. This is why our running game has been struggling.  

Our offense actually acctacked the defense today, instead of just taking what was available.  

Take it for what it's worth. 

Every team is hurt. Our defense is an excellent example. As well as they played, it was just too much to over come. 

A team could sit back and play cover 3 all game….that doesn’t make them the same challenge as the historic Legion of Boom defense.  The Saints are a significantly better defense than Seahawks.   Doesn’t matter if Seattle is trying to play the same.  Saints are just flat out better.  I just think you have to account for the fact we played a really bad D this week and a strong one last week.  That’s going to result in different outcomes for us.  

2 hours ago, CRA said:

A team could sit back and play cover 3 all game….that doesn’t make them the same challenge as the historic Legion of Boom defense.  The Saints are a significantly better defense than Seahawks.   Doesn’t matter if Seattle is trying to play the same.  Saints are just flat out better.  I just think you have to account for the fact we played a really bad D this week and a strong one last week.  That’s going to result in different outcomes for us.  

They did a pretty good job executing what they wanted to on defense.  

14 hours ago, Huffgolf30 said:

I think BY isn't ready either. He needs to bulk up some and get acclimated to the NFL. I honestly think he should sit the season out. It's def not gonna hurt him. He looked like a child out there the first 2 games. Either way I sorta feel like this experiment is gonna fail, so I'm not sure it matters. 

He's always going to look like a child out there, more than likely we took the wrong guy but that's just the math speaking. Most QBs don't work out, simple as. He needs to play, we need the answers sooner rather than later so we can make the next steps as necessary.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, CRA said:

what defense are you talking about? The Seahawks? 

All right, let's get something straight, the Seahawks have a bad RUN DEFENSE which is why we smoked them last year with Wilks and Foreman leading the charge.

Knowing that the Seahawks are bad at defending the run, surely Reich the offensive genius would scheme up an under center run game to make them look silly, right? WRONG. Instead, we play to their strengths and throw the ball 60 times. 

1. Running out of the shotgun does not work in the NFL like it does in college and even the college game is going more to pistol looks because it increases versatility. 

2. Running shotgun as your base formation because your QB is 5'9 185 lbs isn't going to work. The Cardinals showed this is the case. It's why the Dolphins primarily run out of under center, 11 and 12 personnel.

We started winning last year because we ran the ball, even when it wasn't working, because play action passing takes pressure off of the QB, line, and receivers. When the defense knows you're going to throw you're at a severe disadvantage.

• Flames 1

8 hours ago, Panthering said:

He's always going to look like a child out there, more than likely we took the wrong guy but that's just the math speaking. Most QBs don't work out, simple as. He needs to play, we need the answers sooner rather than later so we can make the next steps as necessary.

If he has time to bulk up a bit and get some help on offense it would help his odds. It doesn't seem like that was part of the long term plan when selecting him. I just don't see how we thought he could come in and play day 1 and survive on this team in its current poo state. I'm far from an expert but that much should have been obvious. It just seems like there's something majorly amiss with this franchise.