• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let’s talk Brian Burns (trade)

ncfan

1 hour ago, Toomers said:

If only someone could have seen all this coming? I was assured that trading Burns for 2 1sts and a 2nd was crazy. That he was worth the extra it would cost turning that deal down. And the Panthers would be able to get that deal anytime later if they wanted. Now, getting one late 1st is probably the best case scenario. Huddle logic wins again!!!!!

Staring Episode 2 GIF by The Office

1 hour ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

Deciding whether to trade Burns or not based on our depth is irrelevant. Barno and DJ can do exactly what Burns has been doing for us these past 3 games, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! And they do it for cheaper! Burns has trade value based on his potential and that's his selling point. It's really a no brainer question when you look at the pros and cons. He is an expensive player that hasn't produced anything. Burns will not win you a football game, Bryce if surrounded by the right cast can win football games.  

1 hour ago, Cam Lawter said:

Not exactly. I'm sure every team that has to play Brian Burns double teams him which is why he disappears.  To be honest, I haven't re-watched the game but teams definitely gameplay around him and know how great he is. 

Burns isn't being double-teamed much and certainly isn't making a $30M impact but saying he's done absolutely nothing is hyperbole. He's been doing what he's always done.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, ncfan said:

Now question 

would the Bengals even offer that trade.

considering

The reason the Bengals are shopping him is due to $$ after they just paid Burrow and going to pay Chase

So are they going to trade for a Edge rusher that is seeking 30 mil a year? 

If the niners can afford all their contracts, I’m sure the bengals can figure it out. 

1 hour ago, The Lobo said:

If the niners can afford all their contracts, I’m sure the bengals can figure it out. 

Joe Burrow is making more than Bosa and Deebo Combined.

Niners starting QB is making less than 1 mil a year and less than what we’re paying our Kicker Eddy P.

And the Bengals will be paying Chase top 2 or so WR money which will be around 30+ once Jefferson sets the market here.

So Burrow and Chase are expected to be making more combine than Purdy, Bosa, Deebo, Kittle, and Trent Williams combined 

Edited by ncfan

Bottom line is Tepper or Fitterer screwed up. I'll let whoever wants to fess up and take the blame raise their hand. Trading McCaffery was a mistake. Trading Dj and 4 picks to move up 8 spots was a mistake. Selecting Bryce at number 1 was a mistake. Letting Foreman walk in free agency was a mistake. Cutting Corral and Shi Smith were more mistakes. Trading conditional picks for a return man was a mistake. The more moves this team makes the worse it has looked. Not paying Burns the 28 million he wanted will also probably come back to haunt us. Paying Deonte Jackson 10 million a year over Gilmore was just plain idiocy. After 28 years of watching and pulling for this team this is the first year that I can say my heart is no longer invested. And that makes me sad and angry. The value for Burns is still there. He's a great rusher. We'll get at least 2 first for him if they make the decision to trade him. Especially if we go ahead and sign him long term before the deadline. 

22 hours ago, ncfan said:

Alright 

so now how do you go about this offseason knowing DJ Johnson And Barno are your only Edge rushers under contract?

That my point of this thread.  I’ve heard a lot of trade him Vs keep him debate.

So let’s trade him, now what….

I'm thinking the value is there to get at least 2 first round picks for him regardless. Only thing as coveted by teams as a franchise quarterback is elite edge rushers. Burns is borderline elite. If not 2 firsts a decent receiver and a first at least. And assuming we could get 2 first rounders, I'd trade up for Drake Maye, Bo Nix, Caleb Williams, Cam Rising, Schrauder from Syracuse, pretty much anyone other than Bryce. He does not have the frame for this league. Bless his heart. I'd also do whatever it took to get Corral back in the building this year. Best arm talent on the team and he gets cut just because coaches are full of their own ego. That guy could actually develop into something if coaches were willing to coach another regimes pick. Then if he turns into something by the end of the year you have 2 picks to draft receiver and a new edge rusher or perhaps halfback. But I'm thinking we should've taken Robinson or Gibbs this year for hb.