• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let’s talk Brian Burns (trade)

ncfan

What to do what to do.

do we pay him that large deal he is seeking or trade him before the deadline.

Ill be honest I’ve wanted to keep him but the price tag has me does leave a little nervous.

But do we trade him.

Last season we all know by now that the Rams offered 2 1st and more.

Reality is, that won’t come across again.

Rams were in a last ditch effort in a closing win window with a Aging QB, and a HC contemplating retirement.

Burns also had another year on his rookie contract and no one knew what he and his agent were seeking number wise on his new deal.

Now the cat is out of the bag what he wants, and many here question if he is even a top 5-8 edge rusher in this league.

So why would anyone offered that for a tier 2-3 edge rusher (in some minds) knowing that they’ll also need to pay him 30 mil a year.

So let’s make a deal for mid to late 1st rounder.

Great.  We now we can use that on a WR or CB.

But now let’s look over at the rest of the roster.

Now we are left with only Barno and DJ Johnson as the Only edge rushers signed in the roster for next year.

So I’m curious for the ones quick to jump on the trade Burns wagon.

what the overall plan other than trade player x for _ 

We’re in a pickle at this point.  And would love to see what some peoples overall plan is if we trade _ for _ other than just saying your going to do it without looking at the roster repercussions.

4 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

Haven’t seen this brought up anywhere

Sorry, haven’t been around the board that frequently and swifter through all the threads.

I’ve seen the either pay vs trade debate.

but not seen anyone touch on what to do if we do trade him seeing the situation with the roster.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

Good thing you were not the Colts GM in Peyton Manning's first year. 

don't you ever compare Bryce Young to Peyton Manning because he threw a lot of picks as a rookie. Not even on the same planet. I'll make sure to bump this comment when Bryce is a career clipboard holder. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 1

5 minutes ago, GOAT said:

We need to trade him for whatever first rounder we can get so that we can draft another QB. Keep drafting one until you hit. Need to have a good QB. We missed big time. 

I said this last week.

I was the biggest Bryce fan all off-season, but he simply hasn't looked good so far. A guy that size could also be injury prone. We need to protect ourselves in case he doesn't look good this season. This is a deep QB class if we can get a 1st for Burns we give ourselves the opportunity to get another QB or a WR. It all depends on how Bryce looks for the rest of the season. If he shows no sign of improvement we need to draft another QB point blank.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

Good thing you were not the Colts GM in Peyton Manning's first year. 

Peyton threw a lot of picks but absolutely passed the eye test, throwing for 3700 yds and 26 TDs in that late-90s run-first period that hadn't died out quite yet. The rookie season is very young but Bryce is nowhere in that ballpark yet.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I said this last week.

I was the biggest Bryce fan all off-season, but he simply hasn't looked good so far. A guy that size could also be injury prone. We need to protect ourselves in case he doesn't look good this season. This is a deep QB class if we can get a 1st for Burns we give ourselves the opportunity to get another QB or a WR. It all depends on how Bryce looks for the rest of the season. If he shows no sign of improvement we need to draft another QB point blank.

yup, sometimes you gotta draft and start a Jimmy Clausen to find your Cam the next year.

drafting Bryce is much worse of an L though because of what he cost.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Ill take a WR and a late first round pick for Burns. We can't win games with him so it doesn't matter. 

Also, you people are just flat out idiots with this Bryce thing. The dude has made some crazy anticipation passes and lost against a top 5 defense against the Saints. Can't even make it 3 games into the season and are calling him Clausen lmao. 

Edited by Cam Lawter
  • Beer 2

I've checked out of really caring too much about this season already, but what about possibly trading him to the Bears and getting back our 1st round pick?

Its clear we need way more help on Defense (especially CB) and need as high of a draft pick as we can get.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1