• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vikings pass defense

NAS

11 hours ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

Many people, smart people, are running up to me with tears in their eyes.  "Sir, you were right all along, he lacks NFL arm strength".  Crazy Nancy, Sleepy Joe, Crooked Hillary, they said Bryce has an NFL arm.  They said "oh no, Trump is wrong about Bryce's arm".  Nobody knows more about football than me, I know many things.  Frankly things that a lot of people don't know much about

I don’t know how this absolute masterpiece got buried in the replies, but you, sir, have made my morning

9 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

They don’t know the play BC was injured on. Look if you want to stand by your silly theory go ahead. We have head players and coaches telling us as soon as the doctors clear him he is our starter. So maybe Corbet is lying, Frank is lying (because that’s totally his character), and Young is playing along lying to make you right? Or maybe having a DL land on his ankle sprained it? Which one is the most logical. It’s not hard to see you are just in some sort of denial. 

Fun fact, NFL teams are not fully honest and transparent about what goes on in their organization.   Especially coaches.  If you want to claim that….that, is a conspiracy theory. 

Young hasn’t said diddly to anyone.  No one is accusing him of lying lol.   You keep making these declarations that aren’t happening.  

what we have seen with Young….is NOT what you see with someone trying to get back on the field quickly after suffering from an ankle injury.  Simple as that.  What you are seeing is a rookie shadowing a vet.  The reason? It’s not just the mystery ankle that no one can actually talk about.  We can only guess. 

13 minutes ago, CRA said:

Fun fact, NFL teams are not fully honest and transparent about what goes on in their organization.   Especially coaches.  If you want to claim that….that, is a conspiracy theory. 

Young hasn’t said diddly to anyone.  No one is accusing him of lying lol.   You keep making these declarations that aren’t happening.  

what we have seen with Young….is NOT what you see with someone trying to get back on the field quickly after suffering from an ankle injury.  Simple as that.  What you are seeing is a rookie shadowing a vet.  The reason? It’s not just the mystery ankle that no one can actually talk about.  We can only guess. 

They talk about it each press conference. Did you notice they won’t say what grade Carr’s sprain is? How about them not saying if he will play Sunday or not? Another “soft”‘benching! 😂 

Fun fact your ankle can be sprained and you don’t need a boot. Fun fact when a DL lands on your ankle and it twists like the picture posted on this thread it can sprain it. 

So what happens if Young plays this Sunday despite Dalton looking good on offense? Are you still going to spin it as a one week soft benching? Of course you are…

19 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

They talk about it each press conference. Did you notice they won’t say what grade Carr’s sprain is? How about them not saying if he will play Sunday or not? Another “soft”‘benching! 😂 

Fun fact your ankle can be sprained and you don’t need a boot. Fun fact when a DL lands on your ankle and it twists like the picture posted on this thread it can sprain it. 

So what happens if Young plays this Sunday despite Dalton looking good on offense? Are you still going to spin it as a one week soft benching? Of course you are…

They don’t talk about it.  They get asked questions and say essentially nothing.  

Carr has a sprained AC joint.  NO Coach knows about his QB.  There is no mystery. He went to the hospital.  They ran a bunch of stuff on it. They feel they got lucky with it being that.  And it just happened.  Also spoke about how he felt Carr was trending from one day vs other.   He will keep talking about it. Because that’s normal in regards to your starting QB. 

yes, I will view this as a soft benching because that’s what everything indicates.  But but but Frank didn’t say that. Yeah, remember when folks were saying Frank said Miles Sanders was going to be a 3 down RB and folks dug into that bologna.  Hubbard has been the 3rd down RB every week.  Sanders has always sucked at that job.  Coaches just say bullshit.  And Carolina is clearly bullshitting about Bryce. 

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

They don’t talk about it.  They get asked questions and say essentially nothing.  

Carr has a sprained AC joint.  NO Coach knows about his QB.  There is no mystery. He went to the hospital.  They ran a bunch of stuff on it. They feel they got lucky with it being that.  And it just happened.  Also spoke about how he felt Carr was trending from one day vs other.   He will keep talking about it. Because that’s normal in regards to your starting QB. 

yes, I will view this as a soft benching because that’s what everything indicates.  But but but Frank didn’t say that. Yeah, remember when folks were saying Frank said Miles Sanders was going to be a 3 down RB and folks dug into that bologna.  Hubbard has been the 3rd down RB every week.  Sanders has always sucked at that job.  Coaches just say bullshit.  And Carolina is clearly bullshitting about Bryce. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38490660/saints-derek-carr-sprained-ac-joint-week-week?platform=amp

He won’t say what grade the sprain is?  This was a HUGE deal to you when they wouldn’t for Young. Suddenly it’s no big deal when another team does? It’s like it’s in the team’s best info to give their opponents as little info as possible about injuries or something.

What about Corbet’s interview saying they will do whatever the doctors say? We don’t inject players with painkillers and make them play through injuries anymore? Is he rattling off Reich’s lies? 

What I’m assuming is happening has pictures evidence and multiple people stating it. What you are saying is happening is just you randomly guessing and making assumptions. I know you won’t change your mind you are too far dug in.

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38490660/saints-derek-carr-sprained-ac-joint-week-week?platform=amp

He won’t say what grade the sprain is?  This was a HUGE deal to you when they wouldn’t for Young. Suddenly it’s no big deal when another team does? It’s like it’s in the team’s best info to give their opponents as little info as possible about injuries or something.

What about Corbet’s interview saying they will do whatever the doctors say? We don’t inject players with painkillers and make them play through injuries anymore? Is he rattling off Reich’s lies? 

What I’m assuming is happening has pictures evidence and multiple people stating it. What you are saying is happening is just you randomly guessing and making assumptions. I know you won’t change your mind you are too far dug in.

lol.  The injury just happened.  And the NO coach has already given vastly more info out on the legitimate and significant injury.  These two things are not being handled the same.   and again, coaches aren't going to want to tell folks everything.  That's not what they do.  But Carr is 100% injured and hurt. 

the fact you are going here is just silly. 

and yes, I am making assumptions.  Educated guesses.  That's largely how you have to go through life.   What I don't do.....is just championing NFL coaches when they bullshit as the truth tellers.  Especially when there are all sorts of weird flags on something.    Again, before the season started I had people blowing gaskets declaring Miles Sanders would 100% be a 3rd down featured back because Frank happened to sell some clear bullshit. 

• Beer 1

17 minutes ago, CRA said:

lol.  The injury just happened.  And the NO coach has already given vastly more info out on the legitimate and significant injury.  These two things are not being handled the same.   and again, coaches aren't going to want to tell folks everything.  That's not what they do.  But Carr is 100% injured and hurt. 

the fact you are going here is just silly. 

and yes, I am making assumptions.  Educated guesses.  That's largely how you have to go through life.   What I don't do.....is just championing NFL coaches when they bullshit as the truth tellers.  Especially when there are all sorts of weird flags on something.    Again, before the season started I had people blowing gaskets declaring Miles Sanders would 100% be a 3rd down featured back because Frank happened to sell some clear bullshit. 

The injury just happened and you stated they went to the hospital to see the extent of the injury.  Would they not know what level sprain it is?  "Coaches aren't going to want folks knowing everything."  Yet our coach is being too vague??  You are contradicting your whole conspiracy theory.

It takes two people to keep this conspiracy theory debate going on.  The fact that you are going on with it but calling someone else silly for doing it is ironic.

Championing NFL coaches?  Wow so plan B is paint the person that pokes holes in your theory into a negative light.  I'm talking about a clear image of a player's ankle getting rolled.  That player getting his ankle looked at that night and coaches and players saying doctors are telling them 1-2 weeks with an ankle sprain which is on the injury report.  Sometimes the most obvious answer is the right one.  It makes sense to me versus trying to play detective and assume this and that.  Also they need to "soft bench" Zavala since that is how they do things now.

13 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

The injury just happened and you stated they went to the hospital to see the extent of the injury.  Would they not know what level sprain it is?  "Coaches aren't going to want folks knowing everything."  Yet our coach is being too vague??  You are contradicting your whole conspiracy theory.

It takes two people to keep this conspiracy theory debate going on.  The fact that you are going on with it but calling someone else silly for doing it is ironic.

Championing NFL coaches?  Wow so plan B is paint the person that pokes holes in your theory into a negative light.  I'm talking about a clear image of a player's ankle getting rolled.  That player getting his ankle looked at that night and coaches and players saying doctors are telling them 1-2 weeks with an ankle sprain which is on the injury report.  Sometimes the most obvious answer is the right one.  It makes sense to me versus trying to play detective and assume this and that.  Also they need to "soft bench" Zavala since that is how they do things now.

again, it literally just happened (one presser) and they have given tons of details in comparison to Bryce factoring that.  And they probably aren't done looking at Carr's injury.  He gave you what they had. 

you aren't making any point using New Orleans/Carr. 

They didn't mortgage our short term future and make Zavala the face of the franchise.  Nor are multiple front office jobs tied to his success.  They can just bench Zavala.  No soft benching needed. 

and again, the most obvious answer is a soft benching.  Not an ankle as the primary driver for his shadowing Dalton coast to coast...and up on an ankle every day that they want better ASAP. 

6 hours ago, CRA said:

Yeah, remember when folks were saying Frank said Miles Sanders was going to be a 3 down RB and folks dug into that bologna.   Hubbard has been the 3rd down RB every week. 

Do you have any proof to back this up or are you just making up stuff that others might not bother to fact-check?

Miles Sanders has more targets than any RB in the NFL currently.  Last week, he was on the field for 57 snaps.  Hubbard 27.  Sanders is 14th in the NFL in touches.  He has more receptions than McCaffrey.  Sounds like someone who is being used as 3-down back to me.  Not sure what you expected, him to be fed the ball like he's Derrick Henry or Christian McCaffrey?

If you want to argue that Miles isn't good in that role, be my guest.  I'm not a big fan of his either.  But claiming the coach lied about how Miles would be used screams BS.  Miles is one of the most used RBs in the NFL 3 games in.  Just because he doesn't play every 3rd down doesn't change that.  No RB plays 100% of their teams 3rd down snaps.  But going off touches and targets and what I have seen from all 3 games, Miles Sanders has been utilized as a three down back.

If you disagree then break down their 3rd down snaps for me.  I will gladly admit I'm wrong if there is a big discrepancy in who is on the field for 3rd downs.

Edited by Mage
  • Pie 1

And to clarify, I am not defending Reich.  I am not a big fan of the play-calling 3 games in either, although I do think we should take into account the amount of turnover with the coaches and players.  It takes time to get people to gel.

But it is also kind of annoying how people will say stuff without any facts to go along with it.  Like how are we going to accuse the coach for lying about how often Sanders would be utilized, when he literally touches the ball more than all but 13 other RBs/WRs/TEs?  There is a reason he's so valued in fantasy right now - he is one of the few RBs who appear to dominate the teams backfield as far as touches go.

Edited by Mage
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Mage said:

And to clarify, I am not defending Reich.  I am not a big fan of the play-calling 3 games in either, although I do think we should take into account the amount of turnover with the coaches and players.  It takes time to get people to gel.

But it is also kind of annoying how people will say stuff without any facts to go along with it.  Like how are we going to accuse the coach for lying about how often Sanders would be utilized, when he literally touches the ball more than all but 13 other RBs/WRs/TEs?  There is a reason he's so valued in fantasy right now - he is one of the few RBs who appear to dominate the teams backfield as far as touches go.

You know you are talking to the guy who is convinced about the Young benching conspiracy theory? Don’t expect logic or data to change his view. Also yes you will be accused of loving Reich for questioning any of his nonsense. 
Reich looks to have many flaws but he seems pretty straightforward. I don’t see him lying or deceiving anyone intentionally. Just boring ole Reich who needs to let his OC call his plays. 

• Beer 1

18 hours ago, CRA said:

Bryce got a soft benching.  And it’s easier to pretend a tweaked ankle is keeping him out.   They have him shadowing Dalton.  Why? Could be multiple things.  A shell shocked QB or a coach that knows he had him set up to fail.  Both are reasonable.   

8 hours ago, CRA said:

You keep making these declarations that aren’t happening.  

The award for "Least Self-aware Poster" goes to....

• Flames 1