• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Tepper is the worst owner in the NFL?

Zod

Its not because he doesn't want to be the best team in football because he sure does!!!

Had hopes for a little better results on Young Project and we are looking for a true #1 wide receiver via trade.  Read that some where.  Detroit going to be a tussle Go Panthers!!!!

1 hour ago, 96Bravo said:

Steve Wilks was able to do, in a short period of time, what Matt Rhule couldn't in 2 full seasons. Yet it was clear Wilks was never gonna be considered for HC officially. 

A good owner rewards success.

He lost 16 games in his lone season as the Cards HC where making dumb decisions was a key factor. So you going to blame Reich without a top playmaker that Wilks had in DJ?

Lets say if Wilks has the same record as our HC this season, then what? I think Wilks is a great DC and the Niners win the SB, he should get another chance to be HC, its all about being on a winning team, not a losing one. 

30 minutes ago, GhostWhispah said:

He lost 16 games in his lone season as the Cards HC where making dumb decisions was a key factor. So you going to blame Reich without a top playmaker that Wilks had in DJ?

Lets say if Wilks has the same record as our HC this season, then what? I think Wilks is a great DC and the Niners win the SB, he should get another chance to be HC, its all about being on a winning team, not a losing one. 

I have to explain how much better they were when he took over? Do you have eyes to see?

Some coaches are better in different situations.  

4 hours ago, 96Bravo said:

Steve Wilks was able to do, in a short period of time, what Matt Rhule couldn't in 2 full seasons. Yet it was clear Wilks was never gonna be considered for HC officially. 

A good owner rewards success.

It's interesting to consider how we might look under Wilks. But we did get to see and the ugly truth is it wasn't much better. The blowout loss to the Bengals and playing not to lose at home against the Steelers tends to lean toward another Rivera. And word is he wanted to retain Al Holcomb as his DC which was a hard sell to say the least. I tend to think making a run at Steichen until he said yes was the path forward. We went younger with Rhule but we went for a guy who had zero NFL experience who was a fraud and a con man that was our mistake. Since then we've reacted poorly by going for aging retreads like Reich. And honestly Wilks was a retread too. We can't get anything right under Tepper. That's where all the troubles begin.

Edited by frankw

We are headed down the same road as the Browns QB’s someone needs a jersey

Kyle Allen (12) / Cam Newton (2) / Will Grier (2)

Teddy Bridgewater (15) / P. J. Walker (1) 

Sam Darnold (11) / Cam Newton (5) / P. J. Walker (1) 

Baker Mayfield (6) / Sam Darnold (6) / P.J. Walker (5)

Bryce Young (3) / Andy Dalton (1) 

Since the begin of 2019

9 hours ago, 96Bravo said:

I have to explain how much better they were when he took over? Do you have eyes to see?

Some coaches are better in different situations.  

A good HC do not make bad personnel decisions which your HC does on hiring friends on his staff over experience. That's what happened in Arizona and was fired after one season. Reich doesn't do that, he wants the best possible staff available. He also doesn't have any playmakers. We're you the one also blaming him for the play calling when they were NOT the reason for the loses. His time management could be better but all you do is look at results instead of circumstances.

5 hours ago, dave-o said:

He puts ketchup on steak....

Only player who publicly put ketchup that I am aware of is Mahomes which is another reason i can't stand him. I went on a date with a girl who put ketchup on her steak and i didn't ask for another date because of that even tho i liked her. NO ONE puts ketchup on steaks or hotdogs!!!

https://yummytastefood.com/why-its-wrong-to-use-ketchup-on-steak/

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, GhostWhispah said:

Only player who publicly put ketchup that I am aware of is Mahomes which is another reason i can't stand him. I went on a date with a girl who put ketchup on her steak and i didn't ask for another date because of that even tho i liked her. NO ONE puts ketchup on steaks or hotdogs!!!

https://yummytastefood.com/why-its-wrong-to-use-ketchup-on-steak/

I agree with the "no ketchup on steak" take, but hot dogs? Come on bruh. Ketchup and mustard are hot dog staples. 

1 hour ago, Scum of the Turf said:

He is a new nfl football team owner that assumes he knows more than he does.  He is too hands on to only know what he does.  He assumed he knew what he was doing when he hired Rhule and that regime killed everything we built.  We had leaders like cam, Luke, td, olsen and rivera ( regardless of what people think of him as a coach, the team followed him.  The city was behind this team. And I think the beginning g of last yr was the worst situation we have ever been in as a franchise. Tepper is arrogant and impatient and hasn’t tried to understand what we are all about here.  So he is easy to dislike on the outside.  That being said, winning changes everything. 0-4 with a rebuild and No first rd pick next yr has no one feeling fantastic about Tepper.  Look at our record since he’s been here.  And he made comments about the panthers not being a winning team before he got here.  Well with the guys we had, we were in the playoffs for a 3 out of 4 yr stretch.  We’ve had 2 super bowl runs and that’s for the youngest nfl franchise in the league. So most of us think he poo pooed our history.  That really pissed off a lot of us.  Those teams represent a lot of pride for us and some of us feel slighted by that.  And he also brought music to us for the first time…..  then there is that.

That's why I don't blame Tepper like these other fans here do cause he wants to be more like Jerry who has his hand on everything, but what was Fitterer excuse as an career NFL man who started out as a scout to becoming a top VP of operation. His job is to advise Tepper when he makes mistakes but he ends up being either a yes man or worst, suggests Tepper on how to build a franchise. That's why i blame him regardless over Tepper, who needs to fire him! 

1 hour ago, Navy_football said:

I agree with the "no ketchup on steak" take, but hot dogs? Come on bruh. Ketchup and mustard are hot dog staples. 

On burgers or tenders but NOT on a hotdog. Only slobs who enjoy ruining a good hotdog would put ketchup on it. I only put relish, unions and yellow mustard on mine.

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, GhostWhispah said:

That's why I don't blame Tepper like these other fans here do cause he wants to be more like Jerry who has his hand on everything, but what was Fitterer excuse as an career NFL man who started out as a scout to becoming a top VP of operation. His job is to advise Tepper when he makes mistakes but he ends up being either a yes man or worst, suggests Tepper on how to build a franchise. That's why i blame him regardless over Tepper, who needs to fire him! 

Suggest as in giving him bad advice like trading both CMC for low picks and DJ cause no way would I allow that if I was the owner's GM. Tepper wants to move up to get his QB but it's Fitt job to wheel and deal instead of getting played by other team GM when money is NOT the issue with Tepper. He is no cheapskate like some owners are.

https://en.as.com/en/2022/02/13/nfl/1644758617_566445.html