• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brian Burns

2 hours ago, Sir Big Spurr said:

I don’t disagree at all. It’s why it all feels so hopeless right now. Owner sucks, GM sucks, head coach sucks. We’re set up to suck for a long time too.

Yep. Turn our attention to the hurricanes and give no attention to the Panthers. You will quickly realize you have freed up a lot of time on Sundays by doing so

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Everybody loves picks until they turn into BAD players. look how that turned out with CMC oh you got a boatload of picks... all turned out bad. Meanwhile hes scoring 3-4 touchdowns leading the NFL. you trade a boat load of first round picks and Wr proven for bryce when you could have given up less to move up to 2 or 3 or 4 and gotten richardson or stroud all better than bryce currently. 

Thats the real problem here.

I was against the CMC trade because we should have gotten more IMO. But let's be real, CMC isn't making this team much better when you have pickles 2.0 at QB and half of our good players are hurt

9 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

again, burns was the poo today, he was the absolute difference maker, so glad we kept him, instead of 0-4 we are.........oh wait...............

and would have pocketed what for burns? another second last year... the rams who are winning 2nd which could be in the 20s? and still have to replace him with a equal or better player.

Edited by micnificent28

Just now, micnificent28 said:

and would have pocked what for burns? another second last year... the rams who are winning 2nd which could be in the 20s? and still have to replace him with a equal or better player.

Wouldn't we have had the Rams first round pick last year also, which was I believe a top ten pick?

I can't remember if they had already traded that one away or not

1 minute ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

I was against the CMC trade because we should have gotten more IMO. But let's be real, CMC isn't making this team much better when you have pickles 2.0 at QB and half of our good players are hurt

Agreed. I'm just saying we would look a lot better with him than whatever we have now and we got fleeced it looks like. Not even a first? for a dominate talent who is carrying their offense single handedly... A generational talent? 

As bad as we would have been with CMC he would be doing better than miles and chubba im sure..

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

Wouldn't we have had the Rams first round pick last year also, which was I believe a top ten pick?

I can't remember if they had already traded that one away or not

They didnt have a first last year they traded it to the Detroit for Stafford.

Edited by micnificent28

21 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Rams didnt even have a first round pick last year. you were going to give up a pro bowler for this years first and next? like here you can have him for a year free.

We also would have gotten pick 36 that based on all the trades we saw at pick 32+ could have been traded up to grab someone like La Porta at TE or stay there and grab Musgrave. It would be nice to have one of the top TEs in this loaded class.

Also, based on their finish and trading away a ton of players, the Bears likely would have rather had the Rams picks. Maybe we don’t even need to throw in DJ Moore.

The haul for Burns was the Rams trying to see if the window was open. They got desperate because they were 3-3 and SF was 3-4 and got CMC.

Our 2023 season is done already so guess what, 2024 and 2025 first round picks are great values to us. They might be lesser to the teams making the trades but non-playoff teams rebuilding take advantage of that knowing that they aren’t there yet so it’s a longer time with a 1st round talent.

We screwed up not taking the trade for Burns and hell we still aren’t close to extending him and it’s looking like he’s not worth it so we fuged up. Simple as that. We should have been building up around Young (he’s our guy now).

• Pie 3

If we are going to have a firesale on our defense we probably should have done so before trading the farm for a rookie QB. Hardly anyone on this defense is going to be consistently motivated to turn in pro bowl performances week in and week out when backup Andy Dalton is the best available QB on the roster.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Agreed. I'm just saying we would look a lot better with him than whatever we have now and we got fleeced it looks like. Not even a first? for a dominate talent who is carrying their offense single handedly... A generational talent? 

As bad as we would have been with CMC he would be doing better than miles and chubba im sure..

Agreed we blew that trade. But We have seen how incompetent our front office is, so I'm not surprised in the least bit they got bamboozled 

• Pie 1

Just now, micnificent28 said:

They didnt have a first last year they traded it to the Detroit for Stafford.

Correct it was 23’s 2nd, 24’s 1st, and 25’s 1st. The problem is we have way too many holes to sign Burns to the contract he desires. We would have been better off trading with the Rams, using that 2nd on an edge and having a 1st the next two years. 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

If we are going to have a firesale on our defense we probably should have done so before trading the farm for a rookie QB. Hardly anyone on this defense is going to be consistently motivated to turn in pro bowl performances week in and week out when backup Andy Dalton is the best available QB on the roster.

The sad thing is we might be 2-2 if Dalton started every game. Bryce is just that bad/not ready 

1 minute ago, WhoKnows said:

We also would have gotten pick 36 that based on all the trades we saw at pick 32+ could have been traded up to grab someone like La Porta at TE or stay there and grab Musgrave. It would be nice to have one of the top TEs in this loaded class.

Also, based on their finish and trading away a ton of players, the Bears likely would have rather had the Rams picks. Maybe we don’t even need to throw in DJ Moore.

The haul for Burns was the Rams trying to see if the window was open. They got desperate because they were 3-3 and SF was 3-4 and got CMC.

Our 2023 season is done already so guess what, 2024 and 2025 first round picks are great values to us. They might be lesser to the teams making the trades but non-playoff teams rebuilding take advantage of that knowing that they aren’t there yet so it’s a longer time with a 1st round talent.

We screwed up not taking the trade for Burns and hell we still aren’t close to extending him and it’s looking like he’s not worth it so we fuged up. Simple as that. We should have been building up around Young (he’s our guy now).

Again everybody loves picks until they turn into bad players. Jayce was a first... so was ickey.. the jury still out on them but, Burns is young... He was a foundational piece the team could build around. the guy instead of holding out for a contract like bosa he showed up to help the team anyway. I have never seen that.

He didnt get a sack today but the one gross got is because burns forced him up in the pocket. he has what 3.5 sacks hes fine.. well on his way to double digit sacks.