• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Worst Offseason and Start of Season in NFL History Upcoming?

tukafan21

There is a very real possibility that a month from now, the narrative in the media is that the Panthers had the worst offseason and first half of the season combination in the history of the league.

Traded away our future to take a QB who is looking pretty rough while the 2 QB's we passed on are looking very very legit.  Signed players like Sanders and Chark to sizable contracts and are doing absolutely nothing.  Couldn't work out a new contract with Burns.

Now seems all but a given that we're going to start the season 0-6, can't see how we beat Detroit or Miami, and then will head into our bye week.

Who do we get coming out of the bye?

Only the 2 QB's we passed on in the draft, back to back.  

Then who do we get the week after that?  

The team we traded our future to and if they beat us, will almost all but guarantee us handing over the #1 pick to them at the same time.

If we go into the bye 0-6 and then lose those 3 games right after it, given our current connection to those 3 teams, it will be the lowest I've ever felt as a sports fan in my life (and I don't mean Panthers, I mean all my teams, sports, fantasy, my own sporting life, etc).  It's honestly baffling to think about how that all has happened and I'm not sure there is a case to be made for any other team having a worse offseason/start to a season before when you take all things into consideration.

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

We are lucky we play in a small market and the Nat'l media doesn't care to discuss us.

Later in the season if we still winless and Bryce is still struggling the media will discuss it more than they have. 

No, not “later in the season”

If we’re 0-9 it will be one of the biggest storylines in the league because of what I just laid out.

Assuming they aren’t injured and miss the games, starting 0-9 means Bryce will have lost to Stroud, AR, and the team that owns our #1 pick next year in 3 consecutive weeks.

The NFL media wouldn’t be able to shut up about it

• The D 1

6 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

No, not “later in the season”

If we’re 0-9 it will be one of the biggest storylines in the league because of what I just laid out.

Assuming they aren’t injured and miss the games, starting 0-9 means Bryce will have lost to Stroud, AR, and the team that owns our #1 pick next year in 3 consecutive weeks.

The NFL media wouldn’t be able to shut up about it

I basically agreed with you dude.

I said later in the season. It's still early right now to get the media talking about it Nationally.

This is about as bad of a start the team could have asked for. 4 games in an it’s obvious they missed on the HC and may have missed with the QB.

their motivation now better be to hope that first rounder their give the bears is #7 or #8 instead of #1 or #2. 

• Poo 1

4 hours ago, 4Corners said:

This is about as bad of a start the team could have asked for. 4 games in an it’s obvious they missed on the HC and may have missed with the QB.

their motivation now better be to hope that first rounder their give the bears is #7 or #8 instead of #1 or #2. 

major payne GIF

Edited by PanthersGOATFan336